cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meckdahl
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,963
Message 1 of 1

[ FIX ] - Battery failing to charge with message Non-OEM Battery (When fully drained)

My G700 has had this issue recognizing its own OEM battery since I got it, and there is a long drawn out way of trying to resolve this, but the core problem I believe is that when the battery is Fully Drained it can't Self Identify as an OEM battery, so the laptop won't charge it.  Without charge, it will never get out of this state.

Problem:  Battery not recognized correctly as OEM, so won't charge

Fix:  Charge battery at least a little bit

Yes, I know it won't charge, so how do you perform fix?

Plug into power and take battery in and out 5-10 times, leave battery in and remove and replug power cord in side of laptop 5-10 times.  Then leave for 15 minutes, then boot normally.

Battery will now be recognized!  Why because you managed to get just enough juice in there while trying to identify the battery 10x or so, for the battery to be able to successfully identify itself when you did start it up.

This is a HACK fix, but way better than uninstalling, reinstalling power software, BIOS software and device drivers a number of times (which does not work all that well, I have found).

Hope this helps you, let me know!

OHHH, and keep your battery charged at least a little to prevent this from happening, and turn power off when not using.  I am not sure if this is just some faulty batteries or all batteries, let me know if other batteries behave better than mine.

Best,
Mark Eckdahl

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors