cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Illengsily
Paper Tape
Views: 89,064
Message 1 of 11

Forgot my lenovo login password, how to rest?

I forgot my passord of my laptop of lenovo . I did not prepare a 'password reset disk' Now, can I reset my password? Please help me.

I treid many password tool, but none of works, any suggestion?

like: 

Moderator note: links removed.

these toosl wont' works on my windows, so don't recommend them again to me.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 88,814
Message 2 of 11

Re: Forgot my lenovo login password, how to rest?

Lenovo does not allow assisting in hacking Windows Passwords in this forum, but if you are using Windows 8.1 or 10 and had an online Windows Account (default) instead of a local account, this link may help

When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12429/microsoft-account-sign-in-cant

Good Luck,

Bassula
Paper Tape
Views: 88,786
Message 3 of 11

@Illengsily wrote:

I forgot my passord of my laptop of lenovo . I did not prepare a 'password reset disk' Now, can I reset my password? Please help me.

I treid many password tool, but none of works, any suggestion?

like: 

If you're running Windows 10 or 8, you can reset or refesh your PC to factory defaults:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17085/windows-8-restore-refresh-reset-pc

Or restore your system to the latest backup point.

sshbxjoo
Paper Tape
Views: 88,694
Message 4 of 11

@Bassula wrote:

@Illengsily wrote:

I treid many password tool, but none of works, any suggestion?

like: 

If you're running Windows 10 or 8, you can reset or refesh your PC to factory defaults:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17085/windows-8-restore-refresh-reset-pc

Well, this is not a good option in most cases. Reset or restore to backup point means you are going to lost important data on that laptop. Actually, there are many easy ways to remove or recover the password. Here are a few good ones:

Mod's Edit: Links removed per Forum Rules

Vaceryias
Paper Tape
Views: 80,455
Message 5 of 11

@sshbxjoowrote:

@Bassula wrote:

@Illengsily wrote:

I treid many password reset tool, but none of works, any suggestion?

like: 

Well, this is not a good option in most cases. Reset or restore to backup point means you are going to lost important data on that laptop. Actually, there are many easy ways to remove or recover the password. Here are a few good ones:

In my opinion , it doesn't seem to be an effective way for me ,no matter waht you do ,i still be asked to enter the login password when i access my Lenovo laptop , 

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 80,333
Message 6 of 11

Moderator comment: Thread locked.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

johnny71
Paper Tape
Views: 54,080
Message 7 of 11

I purchased my new Lenovo laptop yesterday and signed in however did not create a backup reset password disk.  Now this morning, I can't seem to log in using , what I thought, was my password that I created yesterday.  How can I get into administration to change my password?

Highlighted
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 54,059
Message 8 of 11

It is not allowed by Lenovo Forum rules to assist in bypassing Windows security/passwords in this forum, so following the steps in the link below is your best route.

Passwords are case sensitive, so make sure your Caps Lock is not on.   

By default Windows set your Windows password to the one associated with your existing Microsoft Account (or created a Microsoft Account for you when you setup your system), so the password it is looking for is the one associated with your online Microsoft Account login (e.g. your email address and password), so try resetting your Microsoft Account password using link below.   

How to reset your Microsoft account password

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026971/microsoft-account-how-to-reset-your-password

If you are still having issue, click on the Get more help signing in to your Microsoft account link on the bottom of the above linked apge for more options, including emailing or chatting with Microsoft Support.

Best of luck,

SeniorGuru
Views: 53,601
Message 9 of 11

If it is a BIOS password, one that is required to be input immediately after power on, before windows log on screen appears this requires the notebook to be sent to a service center to be "fixed" with a new system board.

If it is a Windows password (appears at windows log on screen) then you can bet that JDGillis has it right - you will need to use your "Microsoft Account" password to log into your computer.

Once you have that done, I would suggest setting a "Pin" in Sign In Options, that way you can use it as a "fall back" sign in if you can't use your password.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
elaine23
What's DOS?
Views: 23,420
Message 10 of 11

How do I get into my computer if I have forgoten my password

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors