Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A_jun
Paper Tape
Views: 424
Message 1 of 2

G40-70 RAM soldered?

I recently purchased the Lenovo G40-70 Laptop - 59427087, and I am loving it. I would like to upgrade my RAM to 8GB sometime in the future. This model came with 6GB of RAM in it and I was wondering if any of my RAM modules were soldered into the slot in this particular model?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 403
Message 2 of 2

Re: G40-70 RAM soldered?

The memory is socketed.  If you currently have 6 GBs installed there should be a 2 GB and a 4 GB module in the slots.  Upgrading to 8 GBs will be a simple swap of the 2 GB module.

Page #40 of your model's Hardware Maintenance Manual will explain how to remove and install the memory modules.  The link below is for your model's Hardware Maintenance Manual. When working inside your system please follow all precautions and recommendations that are noted in the manual.

http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_g40-70_g40-70m_z40-70_hmm.pdf

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors