Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wester
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,627
Message 1 of 3

G40 bios access hung

Was trying a dual boot of two Linux systems without success. As a last resort I toggled uefi on the g40 bios settings. Resulted in no boot medium found (looking for a Windows MBR?) And also, the boot manager non accessible. I got the boot manager screen with up and down.arrows and hit enter, but no keys or combination of FN and other keys does anything. Machine boots to lenovo screen but will not jump to bios with combination FN+F2 which always worked before. Took out hard drive and battery  and held down power button, then reboot with no hard drive. Nothing. Reboot with bootable usb and nothing.  Boot with lenovo factory CD and nothing. I would pull my hair out if I had any. Do you have suggestions or recommendations?

Wester
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,599
Message 2 of 3

Re: G40 bios access hung

solution found -----  Need to hit CTRL + ALT + DEL simultaneously after seeing the No Boot Medium screen.

This resets the boot system. Then, the second time you boot, Hit FN + F2 and it will boot back into the regular BIOS menu where you can reset UEFI to Legacy boot.

My problem is that I was powering off every time I got the No Boot Medium screen. Then on boot, I hit FN + F2 as the first time every time. You have to get it the SECOND time after you do CTRL+ALT+DEL at the no boot medium screen. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,593
Message 3 of 3

Re: G40 bios access hung

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Glad to hear the issue was resolved.  Thanks for taking the time to stop back and post the solution to the problem you were having.  That information may benefit another owner with a similar problem.

Thanks again !

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors