cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AugustoWill
Paper Tape
Views: 232
Message 1 of 4

G400S: sometimes in power-on, the backlight power on but have no screen, no lenovo logo, nothing...

Sometimes on power on, I have no screen, absolutely nothing, but the led of camera lights up, only no screen.
Sometimes this happens on reboot, everything works ok, but when the system power off and then reboot, no screen. Only backlight.
What can I do?

SeniorGuru
Views: 199
Message 2 of 4

Re: G400S: sometimes in power-on, the backlight power on but have no screen, no lenovo logo, nothing

Update your drivers for the Video Card, then apply windows updates.  Also - you can hook up an external monitor to see if the signal is present.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
AugustoWill
Paper Tape
Views: 188
Message 3 of 4

Re: G400S: sometimes in power-on, the backlight power on but have no screen, no lenovo logo, nothing

Yes, external monitor works good.
But from laptop monitor, theres not even the BIOS logo.
I have screen in the notebook monitor and reboot the system, as soon the system power off and reboot, the led of camera blinks, but theres no bios logo, nothing, only a black screen with backlight on. The windows is loaded and in external monitor is ok. For some reason, sometimes the screen works, sometimes not, allways in the boot step.
This can be a BIOS problem and should I try to update the BIOS or change the monitor flat cable?
Monitor cable with bad contact can avoid the screen to work or not?
Thank you for your time.

SeniorGuru
Views: 180
Message 4 of 4

It sounds like the cable is the issue... You can find instuctions in the manual for your notebook on how to get down to it, and part numbers for replacements.

As an alterantive, check on warranty status and if under warranty have the shop do it for you.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors