Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rayman94
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,684
Message 1 of 7

G400s after update Windows 8.1 the webcam can't detect

Hello,recently i want use my webcam but I realize my webcam cannot use, it says can't detect my webcam!
Last time can use webcam no problem,but after update Windows 8.1 the webcam cannot use.

I have problem with my webcam lenovo g400s for windows 8 64bit. And I search and check many solution on website or google.It not work, and my device manage >imaging device dint have webcam camera list inside

and also I already download last the camera driver for Windows 8 on lenovo download website there ( download.lenovo.com /express/ddfm .html )after install it with error "Not Appropriate Driver to be installed. 

Please help

---

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,650
Message 2 of 7

Re: G400s after update Windows 8.1 the webcam can't detect

hi Rayman94,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Can you try the following:

- Follow this guide on how to show hidden devices on the device manager. When done, look under Device Manager > Imaging Devices or Other Devices and see if you can now see the camera or an unknown device.

- If you now see the Camera under Imaging Devices but is grayed out, try to right click on it > choose uninstall > delete the device driver then reboot the system. After the reboot, install the Camera Driver (AVC, Bison, Chicony, Lite-on) and observe.

- If you still can't see the Camera under Imaging Devices but you see an Unknown Device,  follow this guide on how to identify it. Once identified, navigate to the C:\drivers\Camera Driver (AVC, Bison, Chicony, Lite-on)\HD folder and install the appropriate driver.

Link to picture

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Rayman94
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,640
Message 3 of 7

still din't have anything and can't see the Camera under Imaging Devices~ HELP

-
Before click view>show hidden devices

-

After click view>show hidden devices

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,632
Message 4 of 7

hi Rayman94,

Just to check, if you scroll down on the list of devices, do you see anything that says "Other Devices" or Unknown Device ?

If you don't see any, I would perform a Windows Refresh to go back to WIndows 8 -- this will isolate any hardware issues in hand. If everything's fine in Windows 8, I would upgrade again to Windows 8.1 via the Windows Store and observe.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Rayman94
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,573
Message 5 of 7

After format to Windows 8, still cannot, HELP

---

---

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,565
Message 6 of 7

hi Rayman94

Can you try the following:

1. On the Device Manager, right click on the Lenovo EasyCamera and choose properties. On the Details Tab, choose Hardware ID on the drop-down box and paste the hardware ID here.

When finished, follow this guide on how to identify

2. Right click on the Lenovo EasyCamer aand choose uninstall. When a pop-up box comes up, check the box that says "Delete driver software for this device". 

- Link to picture

When finished, click on Action > Scan for hardware changes and check if the Lenovo EasyCamera is now visible (not grayed out).

If the camera is listed as Unknown Device under Other Devices, follow this guide on how to identify it and navigate to the C:\drivers\Camera Driver (AVC, Bison, Chicony, Lite-on)\HD folder and install the appropriate driver.

Link to picture

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

pharodd
What's DOS?
Views: 1,428
Message 7 of 7

Hello, neokenchi!

I'm having the same problem Rayman94 had. I've done everything you suggested but still can't make my webcam work. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors