Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richardsonwtr
Paper Tape
Views: 78
Message 1 of 2

G400s (non touch screen model) screen random failures

Sometimes when I am opening and closing my laptop screen some failures appear, just in fractions of seconds. Sometimes I see vertical green lines, other times it's just some green spots.

I think the problem is the flat cable that connects the screen and the motherboard. If possible I want to know the maker and model of the supported cables, if I need to change.

This information will save me the time to disassemble the laptop just to check the model.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

SeniorGuru
Views: 55
Message 2 of 2

Re: G400s (non touch screen model) screen random failures

The information you are asking for is found in the Maintenance Manual. It can be found on the support section of this site, enter your info (model number) and it will give you a listing to choose from. Once you have picked out your machine, it will open documents, files and such for you.

Download the manual, it will contain walk thru on disassembly and also a parts listing. If the notebook is more than 3 or 4 years old you may have a bit of work ahead of you to find a replacement cable.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors