Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

05-11-2014

Indonesia

4 Signins

54 Page Views

• Views: 54
  • Message 1 of 8

G460 Black Screen After Lenovo Logo

2014-05-11, 12:19 PM

Hello

First I'm sorry if I posted this on a wrong place, please feel free to move it.

My Laptop is Lenovo G460, I have no problem with it till about a few days ago, my problem is every time I boot my laptop, I got blackscreen between Lenovo Logo --> windows logon, it's took about 2/3 minutes with cursor appeared at the very top left corner which is really make me mad :(. And every time I shutdown my laptop, I faced a long time shutdown, after my screen off, my keyboard and mouse still on...after about 5-10 seconds then it's all completly off.

I try to figured out what's happened with my laptop, then I change my boot option (F2)

I changed Sata Controller from AHCI to Sata Controller Compatible, and now every thing is works! no more black screen, and not only that, now lenovo logo is just faster, but the problem is still happen, when windows logo going to appeared I got blue screen error (BSOD) then the laptop was restarted by it self.

I googled it then I found this lenovo forum, and I was searched the similar problem, but still no luck :(

I try to redownloaded and reinstalled the drivers for my Windows 7 64 bit, here are the following that I redownloaded and reinstalled :

Chipset Driver

Intel Matrix storage

Intel Rapid Store

Intel Sata Controller

Turbo Boost

Could anyone help me please? any help I would really appreciate it, thanks!!

Regards

Answer
Options

2834 Posts

08-01-2013

Bangalore

1326 Signins

47537 Page Views

• Views: 47537

Re: G460 Black Screen After Lenovo Logo

2014-05-14, 16:43 PM

Hi Ibanez85,

I’m glad to hear that the issue is resolved now and this is nothing related to the System Not booting to Windows issue, but if the boot priority is changed in the BIOS. Each time when the computer boots checks for any disc if present in ODD (Optical Disc Drive) hence the “_” starts blinking. Please feel free to post in Lenovo Community Forums if you have any further queries!

Cheers!:smileyhappy:

Best Regards

Shiva Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Replies(7)
Options

2834 Posts

08-01-2013

Bangalore

1326 Signins

47537 Page Views

• Message 2 of 8

2014-05-13, 15:39 PM

Hi Ibanez85,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

I’m sorry to hear that your G460 Laptop is booting to Black screen after Lenovo Logo and the issue persists even after performing all the possible troubleshooting steps. Please let me know if any hardware or software changes has been made in the computer before the issue occurred.

Hope to hear back soon

Best Regards

Shiva Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

05-11-2014

Indonesia

4 Signins

54 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2014-05-14, 14:41 PM

Hello Mr Shiv_K

Thanks for replied my post!

After installing the latest drivers, and after twice restart, somehow my windows repairing disk it self, and now my problem is resolved, no more black screen with sign "_" on the left corner.

I have a question though, I forgot to mention, a few days ago before this problem occured, my little brother was playing my laptop and playing music on my DVD Drive, after he shutdown my laptop, then I turn it on, I was surprised that after booting suddenly there is a beep sound once, and then now my DVD drive not detected on my laptop, so my question is..is that possible because this problem I got this black screen issue? and if yes what should I do now?

I'm glad that my black screen issues already gone now :)

Answer
Options

2834 Posts

08-01-2013

Bangalore

1326 Signins

47537 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2014-05-14, 16:43 PM

Hi Ibanez85,

I’m glad to hear that the issue is resolved now and this is nothing related to the System Not booting to Windows issue, but if the boot priority is changed in the BIOS. Each time when the computer boots checks for any disc if present in ODD (Optical Disc Drive) hence the “_” starts blinking. Please feel free to post in Lenovo Community Forums if you have any further queries!

Best Regards

Shiva Kumar

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

4 Posts

05-11-2014

Indonesia

4 Signins

54 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2014-05-14, 19:38 PM

I see, that's explained a lot about my problem, Thanks Mr Shiv_K for replying my post, I'm so relieved by reading your post, Kudos for you and thanks one again, cheers!

Regards

Options

2834 Posts

08-01-2013

Bangalore

1326 Signins

47537 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2014-05-15, 14:54 PM

Hi Ibanez85,

I’m glad to hear that all your concerns are addressed. Please feel free to post in Lenovo Community Forums if you have any further queries!

Best Regards

Shiva Kumar

Options

4 Posts

08-04-2014

Australia

2 Signins

57 Page Views

• Views: 57
  • Message 7 of 8

2014-08-05, 10:38 AM
Hi Ibanez85,

Do you still are using the option Compatible at SATA Controller? I've tried to use this option, but I get a Blue Screen when this option is activated.
Options

2834 Posts

08-01-2013

Bangalore

1326 Signins

47537 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2014-08-06, 10:00 AM

Hi Lucasottoni,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

I’m sorry to hear that the Blue Screen error is displayed while performing this step, please let me know the OS (Operating System) installed in the computer to provide the exact troubleshooting steps for the same.

Hope to hear back soon

Best Regards

Shiva Kumar

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms