cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Views: 4,868

Question

My G560 has Windows 7 Professional and only installed all drivers from the Lenovo Installation DVD. I have problem with sleep/standby/hibernation.

Problem: The machine would not wake up after went to sleep automatically. It shows only blank black screen.

Temporary workaround:

• The only thing i could do is to force shut down by pressing power button for few seconds. Restarting the machine will bring the screen back to normal.
  • Disable sleep mode

Answer

Bios version 25 and above should fix this issue. Otherwise please give your feedback here or open a new discussion thread.

Please browse this page for your G460/G560 bios download. It is version 31 as of the date i posted this article. It has bios for OS 32bit and 64bit . Also, kindly note that the drivers and bios are meant for only G460 and G560. If you're using other models, browse to your own product for related drivers update.

Information about flashing the bios can be found from the bios readme text file.
Here's the example.

In addition, please refer to this article Safer way to flash BIOS before flashing the new bios otherwise flash it at your own risk.

Important Note: Before updating bios, please restart your machine and do not ever go into sleep/standby mode. Flash the bios right after restart.

Was this information helpful?

Contributors