Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mngutier
Paper Tape
Views: 1,409
Message 1 of 6

G470 - Blue Screen error 0xc00000034 after Windows 10 installation

Hello everyone. I installed W10 in a G470 Laptop (Lenovo) - Machine Type 4328. After 10 days it shows a blue screen, error 0xc00000034. I cannot even turn on the computer now. I have files inside that I don´t want to lose. Is this a common issue with W10? What should I do? Thank you all. Maria

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,392
Message 2 of 6

Re: G470 - Blue Screen error 0xc00000034 after Windows 10 installation

That BSOD stop code usually points to a problem with the Hard Drvie (HD) that is preventing it from booting.   If you have another computer running Windows 7, 8.1 or 10, you could Create a System Repair Disk that you can use to boot your laptop, and from the tools on the CD, run a chkdsk of the hard drive.   You can also use another computer to create download the Windows 10 install media directly from Microsoft, and use it to boot your system and attempt a repair, but if your HD is actually going bad, attempting any sort of repair may just make the chance of recovering your important data less likely.

If you have data on the existing HD that you simply cannot bear losing, I would leave it off, and take the system to a good local computer shop and have them try to recover your data off the HD before attempting any sort of repair.    A good PC repair shop will be able remove the HD from your laptop, attach it to another computer, and attempt backing up your data off the old drive for you.   

How to create a Windows System Repair Disc

• Insert a blank writable CD or DVD into your CD/DVD drive
  • Select  Start >> Run and type:  recdisc  and press enter.
  • Select "Create Disk"

Good Luck,

mngutier
Paper Tape
Views: 1,389
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for your prompt answer. I can´t go into the BIOS. I tried F2, F8, F10, Sup, ESC... nothing works. I guess I have no choice but pay a Service store, as you say. Thanks!
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,380
Message 4 of 6

The BIOS should be reachable, as it must be getting by the BIOS in order to attempt the boot of Window long enought to get the BSOD.    Try holding down the B key when turning on the laptop, that should get to a setup option.

That said, if you have a lot of data you cannot lose, then getting the old HD backed up first would my first concern.

Best of luck,

mngutier
Paper Tape
Views: 1,377
Message 5 of 6

To your experience, it´s worth that I try or I better don´t touch anything else and I go to a local store?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,361
Message 6 of 6

I would not do a thing until I took it to a good local computer repair shop (one that has been in business for a while) and see if they can backup your data before doing anything else.    The HD, and the computer itself, can be replaced and Windows reinstalled, but your important files and photos typically cannot be.  

Cheers!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors