Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brunobera
Paper Tape
Views: 1,227
Message 1 of 3

G470 - Caps Lock Indicator missing

Hello, guys.

The indicator of the caps lock on the screen is missing, same with the num lock.

I know that G470 does not have on screen display utility, but it used to show at least one little message in the right corner when caps lock and num lock were activated/deactivated.

The volume and brightness indicator it's still working fine.

Anyone knows how to fix it?? I've tried to go to Screen Resolution > Advanced Settings, but there is no tab named "On Screen Display", witch is correct, since there is no software.

One mor question: is there a way to install the on screen display utility on the G470?

Thanks, and sorry for any english mistakes, i'm from Brazil.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,199
Message 2 of 3

Re: G470 - Caps Lock Indicator missing

hi brunobera,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community.

It's weird that when doing Fn+ Brightness/Volume Up/Down, the on-screen animation works but not with the capslock/numlock as these are in one single feature. If they used to work before, have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the Lenovo Energy Management software? This is the utility that makes the hotkeys & indicators work.

Try this link:

Lenovo Energy Management v6.0.2.8 17 - Windows 7 32&64bit - 13.6MB

Let us know if you get any errors.

Cheers

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,184
Message 3 of 3

Re: G470 - Caps Lock Indicator missing

Actually there is a different osd driver for the caps and num lock. However i dont see any specific drivers for that in the driver section. However if you want you could use a third party software for that if the solution suggested by neokenchi

Does not work. Refer below as the osd driver supplied by lenovo is mostly from quanta

http://www.netbookfiles.com/21841/lenovo-u310-quanta-capslock-and-numlock-osd-windows-7-32-bit-44-64...

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=quanta%20osd&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CDwQFjAC&url=http...

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors