Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luizlee86
Paper Tape
Views: 6,118
Message 1 of 19

G470 brightness control and keyboard issues

Hello!

Well, after formatting my laptop I'm facing some annoying issues.

1) When I change the screen brightness using Fn + Up or Down, the brightness level indicator that shows up doesn't change although the brightness itself does. It's always stuck with two bars no matter if the brightness is on 100% or 0%. And yesterday my Windows installed the Energy Cut software (which I can't find to download myself) but the problem was still there. But the volume indicator changes.

2) I don't know if this is a issue but is kind of annoying. In browsers, we can open a link in a new tab holding Ctrl and clicking on it (the link). But if I click in the link and right after press Ctrl (for example, to change the current tab), it opens the previously clicked link in a new tab. It looks like there is a lag and the computer thinks I'm still clicking on the link (?).

As I said, these are some very annoying issues and I'd appreciate any help anyone could give!

Sorry for the bad english... Thanks a lot!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 6,096
Message 2 of 19

Re: G470 brightness control and keyboard issues

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=792128

Hi luizlee86 and welcome to the community,

Here's your driver page.  Hot Keys are incorporated in the Energy Management program.  Make sure you uninstall any previous versions from Control Panel, Programs and Features first.  

I'm not sure what Energy Cut software is.

Try your browser keys again after you install Energy Management.  See if they work.

Dave 

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
luizlee86
Paper Tape
Views: 6,071
Message 3 of 19

Hey! Thanks for the feedback! But it didn't work.

I've already installed Energy Management and it was exactly the same version available on your link...

But now, the brightness indicator is stuck on 8 bars (of 10). The volume indicator still works and I still have that browser "lag/delay" issue.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 6,050
Message 4 of 19

Hmmm,

I don't have a G470 here to play with. I do have a U160 and I updated Energy Management to your version and it then said that I had an illegal battery.  So, I went back to my old version, 5.4.1.9.  Now, it's ok.  

It sounds like you did a clean install with a retail disc, right?

Do you remember what version was on there during the preload?  I do know that the Hot Keys is part of the Energy Management software.  

As far as your browser issue, I have my browsers to open links in new tabs just by clicking on them.  I never used the Ctrl. key. 

I suppose we're going to have to let other members who have a G470 who did a clean install chime in here and see if they have any of these same issues.

Dave

PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
luizlee86
Paper Tape
Views: 6,046
Message 5 of 19

Hm.. I see! What if I install the an older version? Do you know where could I download it? And by retail disc you mean the disc that came with the laptop? If so, actually there was none.. I downloaded all drivers from the website..
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 6,040
Message 6 of 19

No OS discs come with machines anymore. We're supposed to burn our own using Recovery.  

So, I guess what I'm asking is, did you use a regular Windows 7 disc to install the OS?

It doesn't sound like you used restore discs otherwise all the drivers and applications would have already been on there.

Yeh, you could try an older version.  It seems like the Energy Management works across all the different lines of Idea products.  What OS are you running?  Windows 7 64bit?  If that's what you're running, I'll find you a link.  

I don't think trying an older version would hurt anything.  Just make sure that you uninstall your current version first, or you'll end up with two Energy Management programs in the taskbar. They'll both be running at the same time.  That wouldn't be a good thing.

Dave 

luizlee86
Paper Tape
Views: 6,031
Message 7 of 19

Yeah, I used a regular Windows 7 disc to upgrade Windows' version. Anyway, it's 64bit! Thaaaaaanks, man! A lot for your help!
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 6,021
Message 8 of 19

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/uk/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_show_3751.html

Here's mine. Try it and see.  You can always go back to the one you have if it doesn't work right.

Dave

luizlee86
Paper Tape
Views: 6,011
Message 9 of 19

Well... it didn't work... thanks anyway! I'll keep searching for a solution! The funny thing is that I can't find anyone who has the same problems as me... lol

Thanks a lot!
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 6,001
Message 10 of 19

Well, we tried.  At least you know now what doesn't work.

Sorry nothing worked.  I couldn't find anybody else either.

Dave

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors