Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cirdan
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 193
Message 1 of 3

G470 not displaying video

so earlier today i started to get weird issues with video, the screen froze for a few sec then it blinked, tried to restart the game but started to get a notification about keeping it from getting acces to graphics hardware, restarting didnt help and instead of notifications i started to get BSOD, tried restoring the systm but didnt work, now everytime i boot with "Switchable Graphics" on the boot settings i never get video, after the windows 10 flag animation screens turns grey or black, with the fan turning on and off and the screen blinking (i can notice how it gets totally black and black with a backlight), only way to get access to desktop is turning "UMA Graphics" on startup, also reinstalling drivers didnt help

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 128
Message 2 of 3

Re: G470 not displaying video

Hi  Cirdan, 

Did you notice any update for the video card drivers? Try rolling back both video card drivers. If this does not resolve the issue then there is a possibility that the discrete video card has already failed and you need to replace the motherboard. 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Cirdan
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 114
Message 3 of 3

Re: G470 not displaying video

I'm actually getting video now, but it still blinks and whenever I try to open a game the screen just blinks faster and sometimes even get a bsod,¿is it worth trying to reset the laptop with one key recovery or just give up on it?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors