cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shouu
Paper Tape
Views: 14,933
Message 1 of 7

G480 - How to get out of the boot menu/app menu that pops up after opening my laptop? The keys arent workin

When i started up my laptop(g480 on win7) after loading the Lenovo logo, this boot menu/app menu appeared. (I dont know the reason why this boot menu showed up)
i tried pressing esc for exit but it didnt work. seems like my keyboard isnt working. Please help me to get through this menu and to stop it from showing up next time i open my laptop. Thanks.

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 14,918
Message 2 of 7

Re: How to get out of the boot menu/app menu that pops up after opening my laptop? The keys arent wo

hi shouu,

Welcome to the Forums.

It's likely that the boot priority has been changed in the BIOS causing the Boot Menu to show up everytime the unit is turned ON / restarted.

Things that you can try:

1. Boot into the BIOS by continuously tappnig F2 on startup (before the Lenovo logo shows up) or by pressing the OneKey Recoveyr button.

- Sample image

2. Once In the BIOS navigate to the Startup tab > Boot Priority Order and ensure that the Boot Menu is at the very bottom or at the exclude list.

- Sample image

- Sample image

When finished, hit F10 to save and exit and observe.

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

shouu
Paper Tape
Views: 14,889
Message 3 of 7

Re: G480 - How to get out of the boot menu/app menu that pops up after opening my laptop? The keys a

The keys worked. I clicked enter then "Phoenix SecureCore Tiano Setup" at the header showed up.
There are also sub headers : Information/ Configuration/ Security /Boot/ Exit/
And on the Boot column

UEFI Boot Enabled
Boot Priority Order
1. USB FDD :
2. ATA HDD : ST500LT012-9WS142
3. ATAPI CD : HL-DT-ST DUDRAM GT80N
4. USB HDD :
5. USB CD :
6. PCI LAN : Atheros Boot Agent

Should any change be done here? What to do from here. Thanks
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 14,878
Message 4 of 7

Re: G480 - How to get out of the boot menu/app menu that pops up after opening my laptop? The keys a

hi,

If you scroll down through the Boot Priority Order, don't you see any other options like in this image?

If you don't see any extra options there then we don't need to change anything on the Boot Priority Order list as the option that we need to change is not there.

Can you try the solution in this thread instead (shutdown the machine, remove the battery and charger for 2-5mins and reconnect) and observe

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

shouu
Paper Tape
Views: 14,864
Message 5 of 7

Thanks. I've done that. (removed the battery) and it started normally.

but when i opened my laptop again, the boot menu appeared again. Smiley Sad

on the setup, should i just click the save and exit (f10)? or the setup default (f9)? what will happen if i click those keys?

how can i send screen shots here?
Thanks for helping.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 14,839
Message 6 of 7

hi,

Yes can also reload the factory default settings by pressing F9 (this reloads the hardware configuration and BIOS settings of the machine) and F10 to save and exit then observe. If this doesn't work, try removing the HDD and see if the problem remains then reconnect it back if it doesn't show up.

As for posting images, if you don't have the "Inser / edit image" button, you can upload them on 3rd party image hosting sites (like imgur.com/) and post the forum links / direct links here.

Regards

RonnyWaleed
Paper Tape
Views: 14,210
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

I'm having the same problem,the laptop takes 5-10 minutes to open and straight goes to bios menu or app menu and from app menu i went to Phoenix Setup SecureCore Tiano Setup where from various websites i got help and went to security but it says user administration new password and confirm new password,but when i go to boot this appears.> http://i.imgur.com/CQSPhMm.jpg

please help the laptop takes alot of time to open its g580

thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors