Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobN47
Paper Tape
Views: 2,757
Message 1 of 9

G50-45 BIOS upgrade question

I have a G50-45 with AMD A6-6310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics.  The original BIOS is A2CN25WW(v1.07).  When I checked for a BIOS upgrade to improve my Win10 experience, the site shows the latest BIOS is A2CN38WW(v2.06), but the list of previous versions skips over my original BIOS.  That is, A2CN24WW(v1.06) and A2CN26WW(v1.08) are shown in the list.  Will this upgrade work OK for my computer?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,738
Message 2 of 9

Re: G50-45 BIOS upgrade question

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

It is hard to say why v1.07 was omitted from the README.  I double checked the README for v1.08 and reference to V1.07 is omitted in that one as well.  It is quite possible that v1.07 had been released, but was later removed for one reason or another.  The other possibility is that v1.07 was a version used during production, but was never released for public download as version 1.08 was out and available at the time.

BIOS upgrades are cumulative.  In other words the latest version will contain all the fixes and improvements that were introduced by the earlier versions.  Since your next progression would have been version 1.08 had you kept up on the updates as they were released, that version would be included with the latest download. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

BobN47
Paper Tape
Views: 2,734
Message 3 of 9

So I should be able to upgrade satisfactorily?
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,712
Message 4 of 9

I don't see any problems doing the BIOS update especially if it's recommended for the Windows 10 upgrade.  Keep in mind that anytime you update the BIOS you are updating the firmware of the motherboard.  There is always a very slight element of risk in doing so.  Before doing the update make sure your battery has a good charge, the laptop is plugged into the adapter and you do not interrupt the BIOS update while it is in progress.  Keep your hands, the kids and the pets away.  That will lessen the chances of failure.  Overall the BIOS update will take less than a couple of minutes to perform.

Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

arun6106
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,696
Message 5 of 9

Hi,

I would suggest avoid upgrading to V38 (2.06) 
as it has some issues with Bluetooth.
The bluetooth adapter stops working once you install the Power Management drivers provided for windows 10.

I struggled with this for few months, also posted on the forum. No solution came.

Recently, I realized that I had performed the BIOS upgrade from V36 to V38, post which the issue started.
So I took the risk of Downgrading the BIOS back to V36 and it worked!
Bluetooth works fine now.

So, if you want, upgrade to V36 (2.04) and not the latest V38

BobN47
Paper Tape
Views: 2,687
Message 6 of 9

Well, I went ahead and upgraded to 38.  I don't use Bluetooth on my laptop, so that was not an issue.  Everything seems to be working fine.  Thanks all for the advice!!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,663
Message 7 of 9

You are more than welcome. 

Thanks for posting back with an update on your experience!

arun6106
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,010
Message 8 of 9

Just to add, Lenovo did release a newer version of BIOS v45 later in 2016

That solves the bluetooth issues and is quite stable. I've been using it for over an year, better you upgrade it to that version.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 993
Message 9 of 9

Thanks arun6106 for posting back regarding the resolution of the Bluetooth issue and your experience with BIOS version 45.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors