Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mesugsheerie
Paper Tape
Views: 353
Message 1 of 4

G50-45 Caps and Number Lock comes on for no reason Windows 8

Hello,

A few days ago, while using my computer, the Caps and Number Lock button came on and wouldn't go off. This happens while typing and suddenly it types ASDFJKL; and won't let me type anymore. I can still switch between screens but can't type anything and can't turn the Caps lock and Number lock buttons off. I end up having to restart my computer. This has happened maybe 5 times in the last few days.

Please help if you can! Thanks!

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 333
Message 2 of 4

Re: G50-45 Caps and Number Lock comes on for no reason Windows 8

Could be a short circut on ribbon cable that connects the Keyboard to the main motherboard and the case.   The hardware maintenance manual for our laptop is linked below, and has instructions on how to remove your keyboard if you feel savy enough to remove it yourself.    

You might also check to make sure Stickey Keys is not turned on... I have seen it cause strange things before, so it is worth a check.   Stickey Keys can be turned off and on from the Windows Control Panel named Ease of Access Center, under the section Make the Keyboard Easier to use, or by following the instructions in the video below. 

How to turn off Sticky Keys in Windows 8.1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmSgIDuZBFw

Lenovo G50-30/G50-45/ G50-70/G50-70m/Z50-70/ Z50-75/G50-80 Hardware Maintenance Manual

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_g_z_50_series_hmm.pdf

Good Luck

mesugsheerie
Paper Tape
Views: 311
Message 3 of 4

Thanks so much! I checked for Sticky Keys but it's not on. I may have to remove the keyboard to see if that fixes it. Thanks so much foe the advice and for the link t the manual !!

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 294
Message 4 of 4

No, problem.    Take Care

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors