Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GreenProductsSt
Paper Tape
Views: 605
Message 1 of 14

G50-45 - ERactic touchpad

So frustrated, win 10 installed,  but touchpad has its own mind, cursor will freeze or go all over the place, can't get page to go up / down.  sometimes it will flip between screens. tried adjusting all settings.  Can someone please provide solution, had older lenovo and no problems with it.

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 576
Message 2 of 14

Re: ERactic touchpad

Hi GreenProductsSt,

Welcome to the Community,

First of all, what machine are we talking about?

Miguel Gonzalez
Smart Device, Gaming & Spanish Community Leader

Lenovo Slovakia

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

GreenProductsSt
Paper Tape
Views: 572
Message 3 of 14

it is G 50-45 series,   I have uninstalled, reinstalled drivers etc, has the ELAN driver in it. running win 10 on it.  I have older notebook and it does not do it.  

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 565
Message 4 of 14

Your system is not on the list of supported system for windows 10 upgrade:

https://support.lenovo.com/ar/es/documents/ht103535#ideapad

Unfortuntaley at the time being Lenovo does not support your system in windows 10.

Miguel Gonzalez
Smart Device, Gaming & Spanish Community Leader

Lenovo Slovakia

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 559
Message 5 of 14

Hello GreenProductsSt, welcome to the community,

although your system is not on the list of supported systems it would appear that we do offer a Windows 10 driver for the touchpad.  Is this the driver you have installed?

http://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Lenovo-G-Series-laptops/G50-45-Noteboo...

Also the following post may be worth looking at; it's not the same system but the steps taken to resolve an issue may be helpfull;

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-10/Z50-70-touchpad-is-not-working-Windows-10/m-p/2133928/highli...

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

GreenProductsSt
Paper Tape
Views: 521
Message 6 of 14

Nothing working yet, still doing the same issues. This morning  when I tried to move cursor/pointer, the zoom worked and made it huge and could not move pointer,  I am soooo sick of this and the fact that Lenovo can't seem to tell me what is wrong and how to fix it.

GreenProductsSt
Paper Tape
Views: 507
Message 7 of 14

Re: ERactic touchpad still not working properly despite all suggestions

Have tried all suggestions etc and nothing has changed on it, all over the place, switches between windows, freezes up, pages will not open.  Do not understand why it says Lenovo not supported in Windows 10,  I bought computer with win 10 installed, I did not upgrade.  How can a computer be sold if OS is not supported. Ready to ask for a new computer. Anyone have any more suggestions?

Takara11
Paper Tape
Views: 502
Message 8 of 14

Mine does the exact same thing, I have the G 50-70 and have tried everything. No one seems to have the answer, and i have resorted to have a separate mouse with me at all times
GreenProductsSt
Paper Tape
Views: 497
Message 9 of 14

I use mine for business and refuse to use a seperate mouse.  When you purchase a product you expect it to work, If I can't get a solution by end of week, going to ask for refund or change models.  This is not acceptable.

delpsi
Paper Tape
Views: 340
Message 10 of 14

Re: G50-45 - ERactic touchpad

I have exactly the same issue. B70-80. It is a hardware issue. Replaced touchpad by myself with a new one. Same issue again. It is EMI or bad controller

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors