Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dean0h
Paper Tape
Views: 4,122
Message 1 of 7

G50-45 Preparing Automatic Repair Loop

I have an  18 month old G50-45 that will not boot at all when attached to it's AC power cord. When I remove the cord, and let it run on battery, it enters a "Preparing Automatic Repair" loop, in which the screen powers on to the Lenovo screen, and "Preparing Automatic Repair" flashes at the bottom. The entire scene lasts about 4 seconds before restarting. I can briefly access BIOS and the boot manager, however after the 4 seconds are up, it always restarts.
I have tried:

1. unplugging it and removing the battery for 10 minutes, then plugging in only the power cord - nothing
  2. unplugging/removing the battery for 10 minutes, then holding the power button down for 30 seconds, then plugging in the power cord - nothing
  3. unplugging/removing the battery for 10 minutes, then pressing the power button 10 times and on the 11th holding it down for 30 seconds, then plugging in the power cord - nothing
  4. inserting a bootable usb  with Hiren's installed on it - nothing

Any ideas?

grey_os
Token Ring
Views: 4,094
Message 2 of 7

Re: G50-45 Preparing Automatic Repair Loop

Try Onekey Recovery , you got G50 so most probably the Novo button is located next to the charging port,turn off the pc hold that button for 5 sec then select system recovery.
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo! I dont know what Kudo does but anyway xD
There is nothing like 192.168.1.1
dean0h
Paper Tape
Views: 4,092
Message 3 of 7

I forgot about the Novo button. After pressing it, the option menu popped up. After the 4 seconds were up though, the laptop restarted again.

1. I tried pressing it with both battery and AC power plugged in
  2. Removing the battery and unplugging the AC, holding it for 5 seconds, plugging it in again and turning it on
  3. Running it on battery power alone, holding the button for 5 seconds/pressing the button (this one gave me enough time to select the recovery option, "Loading Files" and a bar appeared on the bottom of the page, but it restarted before it finished loading)

Is there something I'm missing? What could even be causing this?

SeniorGuru
Views: 4,078
Message 4 of 7

If you have a way to test the AC adapter for power output (Volt Ohm Meter) and can do so safely, I would suggest doing so. If the AC adapter is not producing the right power (Voltage, DC / AC, Hz) then it may be causing the computer to behave strangely.

If the AC adapter is producing the right power, then there is a problem with the charging port, or circuit in the notebook.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
dean0h
Paper Tape
Views: 4,077
Message 5 of 7

I'll have to look into that. Not sure if this is related, but I drained the battery (by plugging peripherals into it) and the cable recharged it. 

grey_os
Token Ring
Views: 4,075
Message 6 of 7

do you have any usb / flash drive plugged in ?
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo! I dont know what Kudo does but anyway xD
There is nothing like 192.168.1.1
dean0h
Paper Tape
Views: 4,066
Message 7 of 7

I ran all the above steps without any peripherals plugged in. I couldn't actually boot from a USB drive when I tried to.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors