cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jesper3
Paper Tape
Views: 2,007
Message 1 of 8

G50-45 - Will not boot up, continuous restarts.

I have a lenovo l50-45 S/N ********.

It will not Boot.

I start with the lenovo screen. Then after a few seconds i turns off and then start all over again. I can not access the bios with the tab on the side. Any suggestions what is wrong.

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue. 

Serial number removed from public view to protect owner from its unwanted use.

Jesper3
Paper Tape
Views: 1,870
Message 2 of 8

Re: G50-45 - Will not boot up, continuous restarts.

Windows 10.

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,861
Message 3 of 8

Boot (turn on) the notebook from the Lenovo button (has a ^ next to it) that is either on the side of the notebook or near power button. Check BIOS settings, try changing from secure boot to legacy.   If boot normally, then download updates again, reboot into BIOS and change back to secure boot.

This worked for a few others after the latest round of Windows 10 updates were installed out of sequence.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Jesper3
Paper Tape
Views: 1,836
Message 4 of 8

The problem was that I could not get the computer to start the bios. So tabbing the recovery button ore pressing f12 did dent help.

But I tried to change the hdd, and that help. The old hdd I broken, It will not work on the other computer either. But the new hdd is working on the Lenovo. I have now restored the computer, and all seems to work again.

pen101
Paper Tape
Views: 266
Message 5 of 8

WORST LAPTOP EVER...poor quality, 1 week after my warrenty 1st hard drive, 8 months later another(new) and complete loss of data.

Threw a new powersource in with a HD had kicking around....yep 1 week later into the boot cycle again...pull HD, no errors...will reload...ya sure it's windows (how can one roll eyes here?).....

Tom_Cat
What's DOS?
Views: 201
Message 6 of 8

I used this laptop for 3.5 yrs (Win 8.1, 64 bit) & this problem of restarting several times even from the Novo button appeared recently.

After all the usual methods that didn't work I updated the BIOS (a2cn45ww.exe) from 2.08 to 2.13. This update file is available online & the procedure is simple. This solved my problem for good. (The power supply, battery pack, memory, HDD are all good).

pen101
Paper Tape
Views: 199
Message 7 of 8

I will check on that bios update...eating hard drives tho...not so expensive Cash Wise..loss of data hurts

SeniorGuru
Views: 151
Message 8 of 8

I would go with a Seagate drive (new) if possible and try that for a change. Also - make sure you are matching the specifics (speed, connection and size) of the original drive if possible.

Using old (used) hard disk drives can be a problem all by itself, and may actually hide the underlying cause of disk failure from troubleshooting efforts.

Spinning drives die randomly from all kinds of failures, usually if "sooner than expected" it is due to rough handling more than any other cause. Bumps, drops and jolts to the computer can cause the hard disk to wear unexpectedly and will hasten the failure rate.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors