Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LoFin-
Paper Tape
Views: 571
Message 1 of 5

G50-45 bsod and booting problem

My Lenovo model is G50-45 80E3 and I'm using win 10. It updated on friday, then worked fine until yesterday evening. I was using it normally and then got bsod saying UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION. Then it restarted and got stuck on a splash screen. I've tried to restart and turn it off multiple times, pressed novo-button and tried it without battery on. I can't access BIOS at all. Also atm I don't happen to have any usb-stick to try booting it another way or check any possible bugs.

So now I'm wondering what should I try to do, and where the problem might be?

SeniorGuru
Views: 532
Message 2 of 5

Re: G50-45 bsod and booting problem

If you have an optical drive, you can boot from a retail DVD for Windows (7 or later) and use the repair option to uninstall the latest updates.  If you lack a DVD you may need to use a USB stick with the Windows ISO loaded on it.

If either of these options are not within your reach, you should contact support to check on warranty service.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
LoFin-
Paper Tape
Views: 506
Message 3 of 5

Hello, and thank you for your fast reply! I'll have to get an usb-stick to try it out since I don't have an optical drive on my model. Let's see how that goes. 

LogFin-

LoFin-
Paper Tape
Views: 489
Message 4 of 5

Alright, updating on the situation;
I checked my warranty and it had expired just a few days before this all happened. I also got an usb-stick, but it doesn't boot from there either and as said, I can't get into bios at all.
SeniorGuru
Views: 470
Message 5 of 5

This is starting to sound like a hardware issue rather than an OS issue. One thing to try is install windows 10 onto the hard disk via a working computer then transfer the hard disk back into the notebook.

If that fails to work, then a service center may be the only way to move forward.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors