04-09-2018

SV

12 Signins

154 Page Views

• Views: 154
  • Message 1 of 4

G50-45 not charging and Will not power on

2018-04-10, 4:47 AM

I’ve had this computer  for about two years now, and it has never given me any trouble, but yesterday it had low battery, so I connected to the charger and it began to charge and disconnect intermittently,  until it stoped charging at all and shown the message  “ connected but not charging “.

I started searching for solutions, I’ve tried removing the battery, hold the power button for about 30 seconds, return battery to the computer and connecting the charger to the computer Again, but it still wouldn’t charge.  I’ve turned the computer back on and try the method  updating the battery software and I also tried uninstalling it, Then restarted the computer again and it still wouldn’t charge, it now had 10% battery, I’ve also tried the Lenovo app but it didn’t work either, 

The computer got to 0% battery, it was still connected, but didn’t turn off right away.  Then it turn off and I couldn’t turn it on that again.  If I connect the computer to the charger it turns on a blinking light that I know it means low battery,  but the computer doesn’t turn on. If I take the battery off and try to turn the computer back on with only the charger, it doesn’t even turn the blinking light on. 

I don’t know what else to do or try to make it turn on, I don’t know if the problem is the charger, the battery or what. I need help please

Options

2954 Posts

02-22-2017

GB

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Views: 26243
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: G50-45 not charging and Will not power on

2018-04-10, 15:30 PM

Hello Amga93

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

If it doesn`t turn on even with the charger plugged in, this would likely mean that the trouble is with the charger itself.

I would recommend that you get ahold of a new charger, try it and see how it works for you.

If it still doesn`t work, then you may want to replace the battery.

If that doesn`t work, and there is still trouble, then I would recommend that you get in touch with your local Lenovo support line for a possible service, as then this would indicate a hardware issue.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
Options

45 Posts

12-07-2018

IN

114 Signins

586 Page Views

• Views: 586
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: G50-45 not charging and Will not power on

2019-04-07, 12:48 PM

I have the exact same problem, I want to buy a new battery for my laptop but I cant find any genuine batteries on internet. Where can I buy a battery for lenovo g50-45 laptop?

Options

1 Posts

03-24-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 4 of 4

G50-45 not charging and Will not power on

2020-03-24, 5:49 AM
i have exactly the same problem, have you solved it yet? i have ordered a new charger and tried, it didn't work. then I will order a new battery, though I did think its battery problem.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete