Did you mean: 
manoranjan11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,533
Message 1 of 14

G50-45 stuck at lenovo logo

hi,

i have a 2 year old G50-45.

whenever i power on the laptop it is stuck at the lenovo logo.

i tried the remove battery and press power button for 15-20 second method and still the screen is stuck at lenovo loding logo.

i also tried to power off when on lenovo logo screen to access 'preparing automatic repair', but the screen is stuck at the 'preparing automatic repair' also, it dos not goes to 'diagnosing the PC'. i waited for 20 min. but nothing happens. 

i also tried to use my earlier created usb backup drive but still the same problem occurs. it gets stuck at the lenovo logo.

please help, it has been 5 days i am not able to access my laptop.  

Rocky79
What's DOS?
Views: 3,502
Message 2 of 14

Re: G50-45 stuck at lenovo logo

Hi, Ive got the same issue - since some windows automatic updates, I have the same G50-45 laptop too.

Tried going to into start up repaid via a windows 10 USB boot drive but no luck.
SeniorGuru
Views: 3,496
Message 3 of 14

This is usually due to corrupted OS files or missing or compromised sectors on the hard drive. If you can find the "novo" button or OKR button use it to power on the notebook, then choose repair options and look for system restore to choose a working state to load up.  If you cannot find system restore points then you can try to reload / refresh windows but it may compromise your data that is still on the drive.

EasyBCD can also be attempted if you can boot from an emergency repair disk - it can try to rebuild the Windows files needed to start up the notebook.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
manoranjan11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,484
Message 4 of 14

i tried to get into system recovery using NOVO button, but when i select system recovery it takes me to the lenovo logo where it gets stuck at the loading screen with lenovo logo.

i am not able to enter into troubleshoot menu also. so i will not be able to reset or refresh my laptop.

SeniorGuru
Views: 3,470
Message 5 of 14

You can try downloading EasyBCD boot repair disk, boot from it (change BIOS boot order to have CD/DVD first) and use that software to fix errors within the boot files on the disk.

If that fails, your hard disk drive may have become unusable. At that point the only working options would be to replace the hard disk your self or send the notebook in for repair (if under warranty).

If you have user files, documents and such that you need, you may be able to pull them off the hard drive using a USB dock and a working computer.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
manoranjan11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,464
Message 6 of 14

the EasyBCD is asking for an ISO image or CD/DVD of the windows that i am currently using. 

i do not have an ISO or CD/DVD of any sort, the windows 8.1 came preinstalled with the laptop.

what should i do now?

thank you

SeniorGuru
Views: 3,458
Message 7 of 14

You can download Windows 8.1 from several known good sources. The key / license for your copy is in BIOS, so it will pick up on that if needed.

With EasyBCD asking for an image it needs the files on that CD/DVD to restore or fix the errors in the system installed on the hard disk.

Another way would be to see if a friend or relative has a CD / DVD with Windows 8.1 on it.

Good luck

CB

manoranjan11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,448
Message 8 of 14

i tried this but the same thing happened. when i select my usb from bootmenu,it goes to lenovo logo screen and gets stuck at the loding logo.

what should i do now? i have to forcefully shutdown the laptop everytime i switch it on by pressing the power botton for few seconds, i fear that i may corrupt the bios by doing so everytime.

SeniorGuru
Views: 3,416
Message 9 of 14

It truly sounds like the Hard Drive has been compromised. The only options left at this point would be attempting a fresh install, and if that fails replace the disk drive.

Either way - your data (if present) will be destroyed in the process. The only way to potentially avoid that is to remove the hard disk and use a known working computer with a USB HDD Dock to read the files off (if possible).

I would also suggest contacting Lenovo Support by phone to verify warranty and if under warranty have them replace the hard drive, as they can re-image it with the factory load out, including your Windows Key.

Good luck.

CB

manoranjan11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,397
Message 10 of 14

so if i install  new hdd with windows 10( current win 8.1) so will it require a product key or the key in the bios will be enough?

thank you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors