Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuben
What's DOS?
Views: 1,922
Message 1 of 4

G50-45 won't boot after bios upgrade

Hi, I own a Lenovo G50-45 and, after installing Windows 10, i upgraded my bios to version 38, downloaded from here:
http://support.lenovo.com/it/it/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-g-series-laptops/g50-45-noteboo...

The upgrade process terminated at 100% and after showing "Updating ECM" or similar, the system shutted down.
Now I cannot boot anymore, I tried all procedures, keep pressing the power button, etc. but they don't work.

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,877
Message 2 of 4

Re: G50-45 won't boot after bios upgrade

Have you tried to default the BIOS by removing AC power and Battery, then press and hold the power button for more than 10 seconds?  If not, you should try it, then when you have that completed, replace the main battery then AC power and attempt to boot the computer using the Lenovo button (has an upside down V on it) that is next to the power button.  This should allow you to enter BIOS where you can "reset to default" values, then save and exit.

If this does not work - you may need to contact a service center to have the system re-flashed.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
stuben
What's DOS?
Views: 1,874
Message 3 of 4

Yes, I've tried everything.
I've also extracted the original firmware binary, renamed to LarneMLX64 and put to a pendriver.
Then, after pressing the power button for 10 seconds without battery, I've tried with all combinations:
Fn+Esc, Fn+r, Fn+b, and Win+b, but the motherboard never switches on, nor reads from pendrive.

feketebh
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,287
Message 4 of 4

I had the very same issue and was spending 2 days reading comments. after I could get into bios setup by pressong the Novo button, I've enabled the BIOS back flash, change the boot mode (hdd was not visible) to Legacy support instead of UEFI. Boot priority i left uefi first, then finally before saving and exiting I've disabled the OS Optimized Defaults (on exit tab)

Not sure which of these steps solved my issue, I can only assume ut was the BOOT MODE CHANGE TO LEGACY

Boty

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors