Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-24-2015

Hyderabad

3 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 1 of 2

G50-70: Ants inside laptop

2015-09-24, 13:51 PM

I was browsing Internet and suddenly my laptop shutted down abruptly. So, I took it to Lenovo service center and when the service center executive unscrewed the back there were ants all over and built a colony. They basically invaded laptop. Executive said to give laptop for observation and told after 2 days to call a number then he would exactly say the problem. My question is Will this be covered under warranty? 

Options

4308 Posts

11-18-2012

United States of America

9980 Signins

610541 Page Views

• Views: 610541
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: G50-70: Ants inside laptop

2015-09-24, 15:18 PM

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Your question about warranty coverage would be best asked of the service center or found in the warranty documentation for your model.  In my opinion, a warranty is there to cover problems related to manufacture or design.  In your situation, the problem was caused by an environmental influence which would be outside of Lenovo's control and thus not covered. 

If you happened to have the additional accidental warranty coverage this may cover the repair, but again I would check your documentation or ask the service provider.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms