Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davgonza1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,120
Message 1 of 7

G50-70 - Black screen

Hello,

I have a Lenovo G50-70 that had a cracked screen which I then replaced.  Now however, I have a completely blank screen.  I have so far done a reset in which I removed the battery and held the on/off button for 30 and that was unsuccessful. I then tried checking my ram which ram I know is good and nothing once again. I have connected the laptop to my TV and it does connect. The old screen when replaced won't light up either. Any help to solve this will be greatly appreciated.

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,089
Message 2 of 7

Re: G50-70 - Black screen

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

A little clarification..... "The old screen when replaced womb light up either"   Does that mean that you had tried replacing the new screen with the old to see if it would light up and it didn't?  I assume that the old screen would light up, but was just cracked.

If yes,  I would double check the video cable connections.  During the installation of the new screen the video cable may have pulled loose from its motherboard connection. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

davgonza1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,085
Message 3 of 7

Autocorrect mistake supposed to be "won't." OK I'll take a look at the connection on the motherboard. Hopefully this works

davgonza1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,080
Message 4 of 7

@Majestic wrote:

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

A little clarification..... "The old screen when replaced womb light up either"   Does that mean that you had tried replacing the new screen with the old to see if it would light up and it didn't?  I assume that the old screen would light up, but was just cracked.

If yes,  I would double check the video cable connections.  During the installation of the new screen the video cable may have pulled loose from its motherboard connection. 

Tried it just now and nothing changed. Still have a black screen

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,074
Message 5 of 7

Have you check to see whether the laptop screen's backlight is turned off?  Try pressing the F9 key to toggle it off and on.

Have you tried booting up the computer into the BIOS Setup to see if you get a display on the new laptop screen?  Page #28 of your model's User Guide will explain how to access the BIOS Setup.  Here is a link to that guide for your reference.....

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_g40_g50_z40_z50_ug_english.pdf

If you do not get a display on your new laptop screen in the BIOS Setup then the next thing I would replace is the video cable.  

Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

davgonza1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,053
Message 6 of 7

G50-80 laptop led lights blink once

Replaced the screen on my brothers lenovo G50-80 and now the screen wont turn on. I did a hard reset (holding the power button for 30 sec without the battery then put it back in) the only thing that happens is that the two front led lights blink once and that's it. Nothing else happens the fan doesn't spin or anything else. When I plug in the charger no lights turn on, checked the charger and there is power coming through. Any help please.

Mod's Edit: Merged this post with existing discussion from same OP.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 995
Message 7 of 7

Re: G50-80 laptop led lights blink once

I merged your latest posting with an existing thread you had.  Is this latest posting concerning a different laptop or is it the same one you wrote about in July?  If it is the same laptop then please keep the original thread updated rather that creating multiple posts. Also then please clarify the correct model number.  

If it is not the same laptop then the information offered in this existing thread would apply to your latest screen repair.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors