Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WDeveloper
Blue Screen Again
Views: 21,059
Message 1 of 18

G50-70 CPU/RAM Upgrade

Hi,

I need to know wether I could upgrade the CPU and RAM for my G50-70 (Model: 59424767) It has Core i3 4030U and 4 GB of RAM.

Does this model contain 2 memory slots, and is the CPU soldered into the system board?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 20,972
Message 2 of 18

Re: G50-70 CPU/RAM Upgrade

Hi Wdeveloper,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are looking to upgrade RAM and processor in your Lenovo G50-70 laptop.

• As per the specification of this model, it supports upto 4th Gen Intel® Core® i7-4510U (2.00GHz 1600 MHz 4MB)
  • RAM upto 16GB DDR3L,SODIMM. Please use the DDR3L RAM only as your system may not support DDR RAM as ” L” refers to the low voltage. This system has 2 RAM slots up to 8GB in one slot.

Click here for the system specification and refer page number 28. As the part may vary from region to region hence I would suggest you to visit the nearest service center.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure

they will be a great help.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

WDeveloper
Blue Screen Again
Views: 20,965
Message 3 of 18

Hello Ashwin.S,  

Unfortunately, there is no Lenovo support center here in Algeria, so the only way to upgrade is to puchase CPU and RAM from Amazon for example, and replace FRUs myself manually.

Kind Regards,

WDeveloper

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 20,952
Message 4 of 18

Hi Wdeveloper,

Thank you for the reply,

Am sorry to hear that there is no service center in the Algeria. As to replace the processor even the motherboard needs to be changed as the processor is integrated with motherboard and also this motherboard may not support the higher version of the processor. To replace the processor I would suggest you to take a help of the expertise as there will be no damage or any loose connection.

To replace the RAM you can refer to the manual.

Click here for the manual and refer page number 41.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

vivekcdy
What's DOS?
Views: 19,703
Message 5 of 18

Sir in INDIA where i can buy this I74510 U processor.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 19,666
Message 6 of 18

Hi Vivekcdy,

As you have mentioned that you want to purchase the processor hence please visit the nearest service centre for further details.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists.

Best regards,         

Ashwin. S

anil_shre
What's DOS?
Views: 19,307
Message 7 of 18

Hi Ashwin,

Can Lenovo G50-70 Celeron® N2830 2.16GHz cpu be upgraded to corei3 ?

Thanks,

Anil

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 19,293
Message 8 of 18

Hi Anil,

As per the specification of this model it supports upto Intel i7 processors, if the processor is integrated then the motherboard has to be changed, hence request you to visit the nearest authorised service centre for further details.

Click here for the specification

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Best regards,         

Ashwin. S

anil_shre
What's DOS?
Views: 19,256
Message 9 of 18

Thanks for your prompt reply.

aryalyanna
What's DOS?
Views: 17,704
Message 10 of 18

hi,. i would like to ask..
i have aa lenovo G50-80 laptop here...
while working on autocad software there was a delay in the laptop's reaction.. can i have the processor and graphics changed or upgraded? i have a 5th gen i5 intel and i dont know about the graphics but it says here AMD radeon graphics.. i believe those two are the reason behind the delay in the laptop's reaction..please help
Top Kudoed Authors