Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chovekaa
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,264
Message 1 of 6

G50-70 - Plugged in, not Charging [WINDOWS 10]

My second G50-70 laptop has an issue of not charging at all ever since i upgraded to windows 10, it's not the battery since the same battery charges well on my another laptop, it's not the power supply since it charges the other laptop. When i plug the power cord into the problematic laptop it charges for 2 seconds then stays "Plugged in, not Chagring", the laptop cant even charge when its turned off.

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,251
Message 2 of 6

Re: Plugged in, not Charging [WINDOWS 10]

This is probably due to an outdated or corrupt "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" driver.

To correct:

- Right Click on Start, and open Device Manager.

- Open the Battteries section.

Under "Batteries" you will see three items, one is the battery, one is the charger, and one called "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery".

- Right click on each one and select "Update Driver" to obtain the latest driver.

- Reboot and test

If this doesn't resolve the problem, instead of selecting Update Driver, right click on the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery", select uninstall and reboot.

If the above steps fail, you might also try the following

- Go to start

- Lenovo Settings

- On the side, select "power" (battery icon)

- Turn OFF conservation mode.

- Reboot.

Good Luck

chovekaa
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,242
Message 3 of 6

I tried the ACPI thing, uninstalled it, tried to update it (says its up to date) it is not working. As far for the conservation mode, i dont have any Lenovo Settings on my laptop? Where do i find that or does it come with some drivers?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,231
Message 4 of 6

Try uninstalling the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery  again from device Manager, then shut the PC down, unplug the laptop and remove the battery for about a minute or so, then re-insert the batter, plug it back in and turn it one and see if that works.

The Lenovo settings app is available here:

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories/software/apps/lenovo-apps/settings/  

Good luck  

chovekaa
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,204
Message 5 of 6

Nope, it still doesnt work. I tried it step by step as you have described it, but it doenst work. I installed Lenovo Settings, turned off conservation mode, but it still doesnt work.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,180
Message 6 of 6

Sorry that did not work chovekaa as I am out of ideas.    There must be something else on the one laptop that thinks that the battery is full, but what that is elludes me too.

What happens if you disable, rather than uninstall the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery driver from device manager, then reboot the system? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors