cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Usman26
Paper Tape
Views: 287
Message 1 of 1

G50-70 - Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Hello,

I have been facing a problem with my USB devices for the past few weeks. Whenever I connect a USB device (mouse, iPhone or even a USB), I get the error Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43). As a result, i am unable to connect any USB device to my computer which is very frustrating.

In addition to that, I have also discovered that my Bluetooth Devices also shows a similar message Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) Driver Error. I tried to connect devices (phone, a wireless headset) to my computer but that also failed. 

I have tried various solutions from the internet (disabling/uninstalling USB devices, reinstalling Bluetooth drivers, etc) but none of these seem to fix the problem. I do not know what the root cause of this problem and i would be very happy if you could guide me on this problem. 

Following are the details about my laptop and windows along with a screenshot of the errors:

Laptop - Lenovo G50-70, Core i5, 8 GB RAM

Windows 10 - Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.253)

Would appreciate any help that you could provide.

Regards,

Usman

Device Manager - USB.pngBluetooth.pngx

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors