Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mary789
Paper Tape
Views: 1,433
Message 1 of 4

G50-70 graphics problems since windows 10 update

Hello,

I have G50-70  (80DY59421797) which has has problems since a recent windows update. It boots up to the login screen, then shortly after signing in and displaying the desktop, it goes to a black screen with cursor. Also fails to show display on external monitor. At one point it would work ok on one user account but not the other.

A couple of days ago I booted into safe mode, rolled back to windows restore point of 2nd Jan 2018, and it worked fine - until today when windows update re-installed. Again, gets as far as initial screen after login, then goes black.

Can't submit a detailed eventlog online as mailing this from another computer, but wondered if a problem with graphics driver being incompatable with very latest windows update.

currently at Windows 10 home, version 1709 Build 16299.192  . The version after I did the system restore (when it did work) was build 16299.125

Current graphics driver is Intel Corp Driver 28/3/2017 version 20.19.15.4642

Tried to install the Lenovo driver at https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/gb/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/LENOVO-G-SERIES-LAPTOPS/G50-70-NOTE... but computer wouldn't let me as that driver is older than the one installed.

Help..... What other diagnostics should I rund, and how can I fix the problem

Thanks for any suggestions

lenovo_user41
What's DOS?
Views: 1,328
Message 2 of 4

Re: G50-70 graphics problems since windows 10 update

I also have exactly the same problem

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,321
Message 3 of 4

It sounds like the update resets the resolution for the display driver to a setting the LCD cannot work with.

Boot into Safe Mode, then check driver, apply any update and set screen refresh rate and resolution to standard.

When it reboots, it should pick up on that change and clear out the problem. If not, boot back into safe mode, roll back then get the info on the update that is causing the issues and post it to Microsoft TechNet to see if they can get something going on it.

Good luck.
CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Dan1938
What's DOS?
Views: 1,194
Message 4 of 4

I have a similar problem, So after each boot I go to the Device Manager and update to one of the display drivers

on my computer manually. The computer runs normally until next boot.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors