Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boneskull
Paper Tape
Views: 945
Message 1 of 4

G50-70 microphone doesn't work

Hello guys! I have a problem with my G5070's incorporated microphone. It isn't working. It stopped working when I installed windows 10 x64 . My MTM number is 59432354 if that helps somehow. 

For the moment I use headphones from my smartphone and it works fine on skype but thats all. The microphone from my headphones doesn't work with another programs like curse,discord teamspeak and it doesn't work in games too(Overwatch, CS:GO). I want at least one of the microphones to work so I can communicate with my team mates because I lose a lot because of the lack of communication.

Thanks in advance!

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 874
Message 2 of 4

Re: G50-70 microphone doesn't work

Hi Boneskull, 

Have you update the driver for the sound card of the system? If not here's the link for the sound driver. If you have not updated the driver for your system after the upgrade I would recommend downloading all of the support.lenovo.com 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Boneskull
Paper Tape
Views: 861
Message 3 of 4

All my drivers are up to date

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 853
Message 4 of 4

Hi, 

Have you checked the Privacy Settings if the games have access to the mic.

You can do this by : 

Click on All Settings - > Privacy - > Microphone 

Check if the games have access to the mic. Something like the image below. 

Mic Privacy Settings.JPG

Hope this helps. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors