Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Moderator
Message 5 of 5 (6,904 Views)

G50-70 says "battery plugged in, charging" but not actually charging

This posting was created to give credit to Lenovo98 for the solution that was posted and to facilitate other owners searching for a similar solution.

Thanks Lenovo98 !

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue,      posting in the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

What's DOS?
Message 1 of 5 (8,157 Views)

G50-70 says "battery plugged in, charging" but not actually charging

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have read a few other similar posts but none of their solutions worked on my laptop.  The battery percentage stays the same when plugged into the charger.  I first noticed the issue this morning when I powered the laptop on and the percentage was at 44% with the charger plugged in overnight, and it was at 44% when I plugged the charger in last night.  I only put the battery in the laptop a couple days during the week when I'm in school, otherwise I just leave it out and have it powered through the adapter.  The laptop is 7 months old.

I tried the Gauge Reset for 8 hours today and it wasn't doing anything so I cancelled it.   I have reinstalled the Energy Management software.  I have also tried shutting it down for 20 minutes and charging it at a different wall outlet.

What else can I do?

Thank you

Edit:

******Solution******

I just tried this from another post and it worked!  Battery is charging again.

a. turn off the computer and remove the battery and AC adapter.

b. press and hold the power button for 30 secs and reconnect the AC adapter

c. turn ON the computer and continuously tap F2 to boot into the BIOS, when you're in, press F9 to load defaults and press F10 to save and exit.

d. boot into Windows (while still having just the AC adapter plugged-in) then reinsert the battery.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 2 of 5 (7,861 Views)

Solved G5070 battery plugged in but not charging

[ Edited ]

My laptop is plugged in and says that the battery is charging, but is not charging at all. It's been at 5% for the past 3 hours.  I tried restarting the computer and nothing has changed. This is the first time I've had any issues with it, the laptop is only about 6 months old.

Running windows 8.1 64bit 

lkjlkjlk.png

Found solution from user Lenovo98:

******Solution******

a. turn off the computer and remove the battery and AC adapter.

b. press and hold the power button for 30 secs and reconnect the AC adapter

c. turn ON the computer and continuously tap F2 to boot into the BIOS, when you're in, press F9 to load defaults and press F10 to save and exit.

d. boot into Windows (while still having just the AC adapter plugged-in) then reinsert the battery.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 3 of 5 (7,825 Views)

Re: G50-70 says "battery plugged in, charging" but not actually charging

The solution you posted  just worked for me. Thank you so much!!!

What's DOS?
Message 4 of 5 (6,927 Views)

Re: Solved G5070 battery plugged in but not charging

This was of immense help, thank you. 

Top kudoed Authors