10-28-2017 08:12 AM - edited 10-28-2017 08:12 AM
I had this G50-70 for almost 3 years and the shutting down just happened recently, it shut down even when I'm just viewing and arranging files, sometimes it shut down even on stand by. I tried to look for some same situations, but their pc shut down when they are playing, while for me it's just a simple activity. sometimes I could work on my pc for about 2-3 hours or until I shut it down, but mostly it shut down 10-30 minutes after I turn it on. what must be the problem? please, someone help or respond, thank you.
12-05-2017 08:24 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
Try a static discharge for this, it may help to resolve the issue or at least get rid of any built up static on the motherboard.
(If the battery is internal, please just skip the remove/replace battery steps.)
1. Turn the unit off
2. Remove the battery and the Mains adapter
3. Press and hold the front power button for 30 seconds
4. Replace the battery and the Mains adapter
5. Turn the unit on as normal
Also, see if you can run an LSC scan, and see if this is able to find anything for you at all:
1. Please click on the following link
2. Under the section ‘Download’ select the relevant Hyperlink dependant on whether your Lenovo is running Windows 7/8/8.1 32 bit or 64 bit.(Will work on Win10)
3. When prompted, select save and browse to a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded files.
4. Navigate to the folder where you saved the installation file, lscsetup_x86_26001.exe.
5. Double-click the installation file icon to start the installation.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions via the installation wizard that will install Lenovo Solution Centre on your system.
7. Once installed you will have a ‘Lenovo Solution Centre’ icon on your desktop please click to open this.
8. Once solution center is opened please select ‘Checkup’ then ‘Hardware Scan’ and ‘Full Scan’
9. This will take up to 20 minutes, see if this can find any errors..
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.