Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paras16699
Paper Tape
Views: 4,906
Message 1 of 7

[G50-80] Delete key gets automatically pressed for infinity when pressed once

From the last 2 days, I suddenly started noticing a very weird issue. When I pressed the delete key once, it automatically kept deleting for infinity until I pressed that key again or some another key on the keyboard.

Also, sometimes, it automatically keeps pressing itself even if I didn't press the delete key even once.

The laptop is G50-80 (not sure about how to see the model number).

Any help is much appreciated.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,861
Message 2 of 7

Re: [G50-80] Delete key gets automatically pressed for infinity when pressed once

Try using a USB keyboard to see if the problem is with the external keyboard as well.  If not, then the issue is a hardware problem with your laptop's keyboard.  Try using some compressed air around the delete key.  Possibly there is dirt, dust or debris that is causing the key to bind.  If that doesn't resolve the problem then I would just replace the keyboard.

If you are comfortable working inside your laptop then replacing the keyboard is a relatively easy fix.  For older models like yours replacement keyboards are readily available on websites like eBay and Amazon.  Your model's Hardware Maintenance Manual will explain how starting on page #44.

Your manual for your reference....

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_g_z_50_series_hmm.pdf

Quick search of the keyboard on the U.S. eBay website.....

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xlenovo+g50-80+...

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Highlighted
Paras16699
Paper Tape
Views: 4,845
Message 3 of 7

Re: [G50-80] Delete key gets automatically pressed for infinity when pressed once

No, the issue still persists even when an external keyboard is connected.

A few friends of mine suggested me that it can be due to any virus or malware, so I ran a complete scan of Windows Defender on my Win 10 OS, ran CCleaner to clean registry, but even as I write this, the issue persists.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,839
Message 4 of 7

Have you tried re-installing the keyboard in Windows Device Manager?   In other words, un-install the keyboard and then reboot the computer.  When the computer restarts Windows will re-install the keyboard which may correct any hardware configuration issues. 

I would also try the keyboard in Windows Safe Mode to see if the issue persists in that operating system environment.

Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Paras16699
Paper Tape
Views: 4,836
Message 5 of 7

Yes, I've tried both of them, and none of it worked.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,825
Message 6 of 7

I am still thinking your problem is a failure of the laptop's keyboard.  Even though the problem persisted with an external USB keyboard, the internal keyboard was still connected during this test.  Only way to test for sure would be a connect an external USB keyboard with the internal one disconnected.

Daser
What's DOS?
Views: 3,794
Message 7 of 7

my g50-70 got the same problem in numpad del button, i think it's a driver issue on keyboard it was previously on "i" key.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors