US

8 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 1 of 4

G50-80 - Disconnecting from WiFi

2016-04-23, 1:49 AM

Hi,

I have a Lenovo G50-80 and I keep running into this problem sometimes. My laptop is connected to my wifi network and it will randomly disconnect from the wifi and the will be a red "x" in the notification section in the bottom right hand corner and when I click it to select a wifi network it says that there are no available networks. My roommates laptop doesn't ever disconnect from the wifi even when mine does so it's not the network. Anybody have any suggestions or solutions to my problem?

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Options

3811 Posts

12-24-2015

IN

2177 Signins

71411 Page Views

• Views: 71411
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Disconnecting from WiFi

2016-04-23, 8:42 AM

Hi Amb,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Please click here for better understanding on this issue

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,

Shashi

Tap that kudos button if I helped 
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

Options

11 Posts

12-18-2015

Pennsylvania

11 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 3 of 4

2016-04-23, 11:33 AM

I have this problem.  Usually happens a few times in a row then it's fine.  Nothing wrong with my wifi, all the other devices stay connected.  

Options

1 Posts

12-12-2019

US

3 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-12-12, 2:52 AM

I'm having this issue, too. I've narrowed it down to using Bluetooth and WiFi simultaneously and streaming video... When I don't use the Bluetooth, the WiFi Internet stays connected.... With the Bluetooth, the Internet drops, and it can't connect again. After a while it can't find the network. Eventually, the wifi become unfunctional altogether and the symbol changes to a circle shape. There's also some issue if you put the computer to sleep. Sometimes, I've turned off Bluetooth, and the Internet can be found again...

It's a mystery...

Update:

I checked all the drivers for latest version for all bluetooth components... they were all "up to date". I uninstalled and autodetected the computer bluetooth. Also, I repositioned my bluetooth reciever to near the ceiling. The internet hasn't seemed to drop... but it's super slow... almost unusable.

When I turn off the Bluetooth, now the Internet seems to work just fine, and my computer responds well, etcetera....

I'm pretty sure something is wrong with the radio bluetooth/wifi on this computer's hardware design or drivers. Maybe they are too close? Or, the drivers need adjustment?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save