Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mlpoof13
Not applicable
Views: 1,015
Message 1 of 2

G50-80 - onekey recovery problem

After having many boot error screens while trying to start my g50-80 Lenovo, someone suggested I should do a factory reset.  

It was kind of a well hopefully that will fix other problems I have had... 

what that led to was using onekey recovery.  which absolutely does not work.  It is stuck in the initializing stage, for over 3 hrs.  If I try to restart the computer it automatically goes back to onekey.  It's an endless loop, and extremely frustrating for a computer less than a year old.

How do I get out of this groundhogs day nightmare? 

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

spidey101
Not applicable
Views: 966
Message 2 of 2

Re: onekey recovery problem

Hi Mlpoof13 , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

In events that even One Key Recovery would fail the same as in booting up the machine, it would be better to run diagnostics test to check on the both physical integrity and image integrity of your harddrive.

Since the image is located on a hidden partition separate from the main Windows installation, the more that it may suggest issue with the entire harddrive performance.

You can use a bootable diagnostics to do this else slaving the harddrive on an external harddrive enclosure or placing it on another machine. 

Update us how it goes best for you.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors