Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

12-03-2015

Warsaw

5 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 3

G50-80 "Device could not be migrated"

2015-12-03, 20:50 PM

Hello,

I have a problem with my microphone. I cannot use neither built-in microphone nor external microphone despite of the fact that I installed the latest audio drivers for Windows 10. The laptop claims that the microphone is turned on but it doesn't work. Probobly the problem is connected with error "Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.1.00000000}.{86788add-57b0-430b-865b-0e3a5d9568ee} could not be migrated". Please help me.

Answer
Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4461 Signins

274737 Page Views

• Views: 274737

Re: G50-80 "Device could not be migrated"

2015-12-04, 16:42 PM

hi Kneste,

Welcome to the Forums.

Your problem might be similar to this microsoft thread.

If that's a Jabra headset/microphone that you're using, try these steps:

1. Press the Windows key+X and choose Device Manager. From here, navigate to Sound, video, and game controllers --> Conexant (IDT) Audio Device (right click > choose Update Driver Software) --> Browse my computer for driver software --> Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer then choose the High Definition Audio Device.

- Sample image

- Sample image

- Sample image

2. After setting the driver to High Definition Audio Device, open the Sound properties and set the default microphone device and observe if the mic is now working.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Replies(2)
Answer
Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4461 Signins

274737 Page Views

• Views: 274737
  • Message 2 of 3

2015-12-04, 16:42 PM

hi Kneste,

Welcome to the Forums.

Your problem might be similar to this microsoft thread.

If that's a Jabra headset/microphone that you're using, try these steps:

1. Press the Windows key+X and choose Device Manager. From here, navigate to Sound, video, and game controllers --> Conexant (IDT) Audio Device (right click > choose Update Driver Software) --> Browse my computer for driver software --> Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer then choose the High Definition Audio Device.

- Sample image

- Sample image

- Sample image

2. After setting the driver to High Definition Audio Device, open the Sound properties and set the default microphone device and observe if the mic is now working.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

12-03-2015

Warsaw

5 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 3 of 3

2015-12-04, 18:06 PM

It works. Thank you very much!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms