Did you mean: 
star2066
What's DOS?
Views: 220
Message 1 of 2

G50-80 stuck at lenovo logo

hi,

I have a 3 year old G50-80 with win 10.

whenever I power on the laptop it is stuck at the lenovo logo. I tried the remove battery, the "novo" button to power on the notebook. All methods gets stuck at the lenovo logo.

what should I do now?

Best

SeniorGuru
Views: 166
Message 2 of 2

Re: G50-80 stuck at lenovo logo

Most of the time this is due to hard disk issues. Either the boot loader for Windows has become compromised or the boot records on the hard drive itself have been damaged.

The best way to find / save files from a damaged or non booting hard drive is to use a Linux DVD. Booting from Linux on DVD or USB does not write to the hard disk, but will "mount" it so you can read and write to it as needed.

If the hard disk is not viewed by Linux it may be damaged beyond recovery / repair. If this has happened your only option is to replace the hard drive with a new one, then use your recovery disks to re-install the system as it came from the factory.

If it shipped with Windows 7 or 8 and you upgraded to 10, you may be able to do a fresh install of Window 10, just pay attention to the part of the install that asks for your license key - it will give you an optional path to "reinstall" without needing to input your key. It will find your Windows 7 or 8 key in BIOS and verify it online for you without a problem.

Good Luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Top Kudoed Authors