Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thej9
Paper Tape
Views: 120
Message 1 of 2

G50-80 stuck on Lenovo logo.

Had this issue from couple of weeks but lapy used to start by itself automatically with out me doing anything to fix this. But since 2 days it’s just stuck on the logo. Tried all the methods like battery drain, nova key. but nothing’s working. Can anyone please help me out

SeniorGuru
Views: 93
Message 2 of 2

Re: G50-80 stuck on Lenovo logo.

It may be that the hard drive is having bad sectors, or has failed. Can you grab a Linux DVD and boot from it? If so you may be able to run a few tests on the hard drive, or see that it has failed.

If under warranty, you can contact support to have the drive replaced, or if not under warranty - purchase the same or larger hard disk and install it yourself.

If a new hard disk drive is installed, then you will need recovery media (DVD) set to restore factory software. If you do not have recovery disks you can purchase them from Lenovo Support, or install an OS of your choosing from Retail DVD.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Top Kudoed Authors