Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMKEng
What's DOS?
Views: 211
Message 1 of 4

G50-80 type 80L000ALU Graphics Driver malfunction

This, my favorite laptop has a symptom that presents itself as a small (3/4 square inch

at most) area of screen with scrambled graphics. At the same time the ability to

connect to a second monitor is lost. I also notice that if I go to Control Panel ->

System -> Device Mgr -> Display Adaptors the Intel HD Graphics Device  is

stated as "Not working". Then if I select disable the device from the Driver tab

and re-enable, the problems go away for a while.

*** So this may help you if you also have this problem ***

Problem is that is  problem keeps returning. So far, repeating steps above  does

solve the problem for a few days.

Does anyone else have some comments about this, like "how to fix this permanently",

what could cause this phenomena ?

SeniorGuru
Views: 158
Message 2 of 4

Re: G50-80 type 80L000ALU Graphics Driver malfunction

That sounds like more like a corrupted driver than anything else. Have you installed software or other drivers recently?

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
JMKEng
What's DOS?
Views: 126
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the input CB !

Yes, I actively install lots of programs on my computer, like visual studio, eclipse,

and plug ins, etc.

Would it help to re-install the graphics driver ?

Since this problem randomly occurs it almost seems like some other program,

might be overwriting a memory area that the graphics driver is using.

It typically happens upon power up, and then I follow the work arround procedure,

mentioned in my first post to fix it, until it happens again..

-JMKEng

SeniorGuru
Views: 101
Message 4 of 4

I would look for a stable driver from the graphics card (AMD or Intel) and see if that alleviates the issue.

Also you may need to increase the amount of system ram if it is using shared memory as it may indeed be overwriting that reserved portion.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors