Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gtifeld
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,315
Message 1 of 3

G50 - DVD Drive Auto-Play Problem

Hello.

I have a G50 notebook running Windows 10. The internal DVD drive does not appear to autorun any disk that is inserted (CD/DVD/Data, etc.). Whenever a disk is inserted, it spins for about 10 seconds or so, but then nothing happens. All the "auto-play" settings appear to be correct. When I manually open File Explorer, then the associated programs run, but only when I do that. I've applied all outstanding updates from both Microsoft AND Lenovo, but no change.

At first I presumed it was a Windows problem and did a full system recovery, but also no difference. After doing that, I connected an external USB DVD drive and that works just fine. When I pop a CD or DVD into the external drive, it automatically runs the associated program right away. Only the internal drive requires me to manually open via File Explorer.

Does this clearly point to a faulty drive? Any other possible causes/solutions? If any other information is needed from me, I'll gladly supply it. Thank you in advance. Smiley Happy

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,295
Message 2 of 3

Re: G50 - Eject DVD Drive

Check this document and see if there is any setting that you may have missed that might help.

How to Enable, Disable, and Customize AutoPlay in Windows 10

https://www.howtogeek.com/236241/how-to-enable-disable-and-customize-autoplay-in-windows-10/

Good Luck,

gtifeld
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,267
Message 3 of 3

Re: G50 - Eject DVD Drive

Thank you for your response. I double-checked and triple-checked. All the settings are correct.

--- Gary

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors