Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenovox230
Paper Tape
Views: 390
Message 1 of 5

G50 - Replacing Casings on Laptop

I have a Lenovo G50. Both the top and bottom casings of the laptop are cracked, making it difficult to open up the laptop safely. I'm looking for a manual that will show me how to replace these. I'm not sure if I will have to completely disassemble the computer or not.

The best I can find is the Hardware Maintenance Manual. It doesn't talk about replacing the casings, but does show replacing and disassembling almost everything else. Is there anything better?

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

SeniorGuru
Views: 321
Message 2 of 5

Re: G50 - Replacing Casings on Laptop

What is the exact model (50-40 etc...) of the notebook as the manual covers several types. Also - I have several of them and it needs to see that how to remove it.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
lenovox230
Paper Tape
Views: 312
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your reply. It's a Lenovo G50-45.

SeniorGuru
Views: 306
Message 4 of 5

Replacing the bottom cover and the upper cover should be straight forward. Look at the instructions for removing the system board, the first part should cover the base / upper plate removal procedures to provide access to the system board.

Also - the keyboard replacement procedure should be noted, as the keyboard needs to be removed before removing the upper side.

The diagrams in the maintenance manual should show screw locations.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 301
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

Here's Service Videos that might help.

Regards,

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors