Did you mean: 
Highlighted
batz38
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,394
Message 1 of 3

[G50] Touchpad sensitivity - Google Chrome

Hello,

I have a Lenovo G50 Laptop, and when ever I am using Google Chrome, the mouse becomes possessed.  It moves when I am not touching the mouse pad, and changes the screen size.  It calms down after a while, and I am able to use the mouse again, but it is a pain.  I am using Windows 8.1 on my laptop, and it doesnot have the touch screen.  I have tried disabling tapping under ELAN, but I am so used to tapping the mouse pad that I really don't want to stop using that feature.  Is there any other resolution that anyone has?  Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Bob

Moderator comment: New topic created. Subject edited. Was: Re: Touchpad sensitivity

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,303
Message 2 of 3

Re: [G50] Touchpad sensitivity - Google Chrome

hi Bob,

Welcome to the Forums.

Can you try the following:

1. Under the ELAN Touchpad settings, navigate to the Palm Tracking and Sensitivity settings and move the slider a bit to the "High" setting.

- Link to picture

2. If the problem remains and you're typing documents when the erratic movement of the Touchpad happens, consider using Touchfreeze and observe.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

batz38
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,270
Message 3 of 3

Re: [G50] Touchpad sensitivity - Google Chrome

Hello,

I moved the sensitivity up to where you suggested, according to your picture.  Hopefully this will fix the problem.  It doesn’t really happen as much when I am on a document, it happens more often when I am surfing the net.  The mouse would track on its own, and when I try to drag it down to where I need it, it refuses to move, continuing on its merry way where it wants to go.  And then for whatever reason why, it changes the screen size.  So not really sure what is causing that, and I never experienced anything like that when using any of my other laptops. 

Bob

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors