Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
njplatt
What's DOS?
Views: 1,158
Message 1 of 3

G50 going to sleep when holding down shift key

I have a G50 which when you hold down the shift key for more than a few seconds, i.e. to select muntiple files, puts the machine to sleep.

I have altered the power setting so that on batter or mains the laptop will not go to sleep.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Neil

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,136
Message 2 of 3

Re: G50 going to sleep when holding down shift key

hi Neil,

Welcome to the Forums.

Can you try to boot in Safe Mode and observe.

If the machine works fine in Safe Mode then it's likely that there's an application running in the background that's triggering the sleep function while holding down the Shift key. To isolate, follow this guide on how to perform a clean boot and observe the functionality in Normal mode.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Dh8
Paper Tape
Views: 945
Message 3 of 3

Re: G50 going to sleep when holding down shift key

I have the same problem. The laptop goes to sleep when the left shift key is pressed. I've tried starting the laptop in safe mode but the same problem occurs. Any ideas what can be done next?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors