Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JV07
Paper Tape
Views: 728
Message 1 of 5

G50 won't start on battery

Hi.  My Lenovo G50 would only operate when plugged in.  I assumed that the battery needed replaced so I did that but no change.  Then I replaced the charger but it's still the same.  The battery continually says "99% available, plugged in, charging".  So when I unplug the charger it switches off.  I've tried removing the battery and keeping my finger on the power button and also turning it 45 degrees (both worked for others) but no use.  Can anyone help?  Many thanks Smiley Happy

SeniorGuru
Views: 700
Message 2 of 5

Re: G50 won't start on battery

@JV07 wrote:

Hi.  My Lenovo G50 would only operate when plugged in.  I assumed that the battery needed replaced so I did that but no change.  Then I replaced the charger but it's still the same.  The battery continually says "99% available, plugged in, charging".  So when I unplug the charger it switches off.  I've tried removing the battery and keeping my finger on the power button and also turning it 45 degrees (both worked for others) but no use.  Can anyone help?  Many thanks Smiley Happy

Does the system refuse to charge / start with new battery and AC adapter in use?  If so - try removing battery and AC adapter, press and hold the power button down for 30 seconds or more then release and re-install both battery and AC power and power up using power button.

This resets the BIOS and it may re-initialize the charging circuit.

If that fails to work properly - try running Lenovo diagnostics and have it condition the new battery.

Goodl luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
JV07
Paper Tape
Views: 695
Message 3 of 5

Thanks - I've tried it again and it works this time!  I think my replacement battery is a dud so I'm back on the original battery and it's working again but still needs replaced.   I'll keep this open till I get another new battery.  Thank you.

SeniorGuru
Views: 687
Message 4 of 5

Most new batteries will need to be "conditioned" by the charging circuit to determine the capacity and charge rates that will work best with the internal cells and controller board in the battery pack. This is a process that can take a few hours to complete.

Refer to your Service Manual for more information.

Cheers.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
JV07
Paper Tape
Views: 682
Message 5 of 5

Thanks CB Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors