cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shuvajitdey0709
Paper Tape
Views: 1,467
Message 1 of 2

G500 - AMD Radeon HD8500M Graphics hardware scan says "Not Applicable" in my Lenovo G500

I have Lenovo G500 Laptop with 1.98 GB Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 and 2.0 GB AMD Radeon HD 8500M Series Graphics. It has Intel Core i3 Processor with 2.4GHz processing speed and 4 GB RAM. I used to feel while playing games that my AMD is not working properly. Few days earlier I scanned my hardware using Lenovo Solution Center and found that my AMD Graphics Video Memory Test says "Not Applicable", as well as a warning in Local Connection Test. It made me really upset.

Below is the part of the report:

AMD Radeon HD 8500M Series Report:

Result Code: WVC000000-HL9D7I

Video Card

Display Name AMD Radeon HD 8500M Series
Location PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0
Diagnostics
Video Memory Test Not Applicable

Wireless Connection Report:

Result Code: WWF00F000-HL9D7I

Wireless

Display Name Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter
MAC Address 48Smiley Very Happy2:24:24:AE:67
Manufacturer Qualcomm Atheros Communications Inc.
Name {57CD5158-5481-4B10-9492-F871BF41E898}
Product name Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter
Diagnostics
Radio enabled test Passed
Network scan test Passed
Signal strength test Passed
Local connection test

Warning

Can somebody help me out with it? I would be really greatful for this.

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,428
Message 2 of 2

Re: G500 - AMD Radeon HD8500M Graphics hardware scan says "Not Applicable" in my Lenovo G500

I would not be concerned, the Local Connection test failed simply because you do not have a Local Area Network (LAN) configured to use your WiFi, which is not unusual as most people, including myself, typically do not.

As far as the AMD Radeon memory test being skipped, I do not believe that is an issue either since it is not an error, but just a test that is not applicable, most likely because the Lenovo System Center is not setup to run tests the memory on the AMD Radeon card.    If you just want to see how much RAM your video card has, you cans see that easies via msinfo32.exe

• Press the Winodws key + R
  • In the Run Window, type:  msinfo32  and press Enter
  • The installed Video Ram for both GPU's can be viewed from the Components / Display section 

If your game does not seem to be running as expected, make sure that you have configured your game to use the AMD card via the AMD Catalyst Control Panel.

How to Force Graphics Options in PC Games with NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel Graphics

http://www.howtogeek.com/175281/how-to-force-graphics-options-in-pc-games-with-nvidia-amd-or-intel-g...

Cheers,

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors