Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dooper
Punch Card
Views: 114
Message 1 of 2

G500 BSOD data kernel input error...blah blah blah

I have a lenovo G500. I bought it a few years ago because i thought Lenovo built decent lappys at fair prices. How wrong i was. I has been trouble almost since i bought it.

The latest issue is that it is randomly giving the BSOD with error message data kernel input error or something like that.

I have had BSOD with other error messages.

It is currently on windows 8.1 and fully up to date.

My current plan is to reboot it with linux on a USB drive and see if it BSOD's with that.

Any clues welcome..

I have run various check disc utilities, taken the ram out and reseated it, etc etc all to no avail.

I fear it is now almost junk as it isnt reliable.

dooper
Punch Card
Views: 74
Message 2 of 2

Re: G500 BSOD data kernel input error...blah blah blah

Well yet again i think i have solved my own problem here.

I think that most of the problems i have encountered with my G500 i.e DVD ram not being recognised/showing up in "my computer" in windows 8 and the BSOD appearing randomly as detailed about are all down to the poor design and construction of the laptop chassis in that it is all plastic and way too flexible as a result.

My latest fix for the above is that i decided that the hard disk wasnt being read properly and/or was intermittent. I therefore whipped the back off the lappy again, removed the HD,cleaned up all connections,put it back in place,give it a wiggle and secured it. For the past couple of weeks, no BSOD.  The connector block is fixed to one part of the lappy chassis and the HD secured to another. I suspect flex in the chassis thus leading to intermittent connection issues.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors