Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LesB
Paper Tape
Views: 279
Message 1 of 6

G500 Screen turns ON when lid closed. Off when open

Hi all,

I recently replaced the screen cable for my G500 becaus it had started to shut off in the open position. I had to ues it with the lid more and more closed until it became unusable suggesting to me a cable was gradually fracturing.

I replace the cable ok but the screen did not come on so I have been usuing and external screen connected via the HDMI port having assumed the original fault was not the cable.

I have now discoverd that in fact the creen and cable works perfectly well but it only comed on when the lid is closed, in other words the totally opposit way it should. So the screen is off when the lid is open and On when the lid is closed.

Can anyone suggest what is going on here,

Best regarda,

Les

LesB
Paper Tape
Views: 260
Message 2 of 6

Screen turns Off on opening. Turns On at closure

I recently replaced my Svreen video cable as my screen had started to turn itself as the angle of lid opening increased. Consistent , I thought, with a wire fracturing and eventually breaking completely.

Replacing the cable didnt seem to help and I assumed there was something more major wrong untill........

I have discovered that the screen is working perfectly but the lid has to be closed and no more than a half inch open. After that the screen turns off untill almost closed again.  So basically it seems to be operating inversely to how it should.

Can anyons suggest what might be the problem.

Thanks for any input

Les

Mod's Edit: This posting was merged with a previous thread that the OP had posted.  Both postings concern the same issue, but each posting offers additional information.

SeniorGuru
Views: 232
Message 3 of 6

Re: G500 Screen turns ON when lid closed. Off when open

@LesB wrote:

I have now discoverd that in fact the creen and cable works perfectly well but it only comed on when the lid is closed, in other words the totally opposit way it should. So the screen is off when the lid is open and On when the lid is closed.

Can anyone suggest what is going on here,

Best regarda,

Les

This sounds like the power saving settings in the OS are mis-configured.   I would go into the OS control panel and check / reset power management settings to make sure those are properly configured and then check to see if it returns to proper operation.

Good luck

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
LesB
Paper Tape
Views: 218
Message 4 of 6

Many thanks for the response, I have tried what I think you mean, cant be certain what I have done is what you intended. Still the same unfortunately.

SeniorGuru
Views: 207
Message 5 of 6

Please let me know what version of Windows (or other OS) that you are using so I can walk you thru the right options.

Thanks.

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
LesB
Paper Tape
Views: 203
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

I am currently running Windows 10 which was a free upgrade from Windows 8. To be fair I am unsure now if this issue was present on the previous Windoa OS, I am pretty sure it was.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors