Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nasirraza2009
Fanfold Paper
Views: 14,770
Message 1 of 7

G500 - Startup stuck at Lenovo screen

Hi

I am having startup problem with my Lenovo G500. 

I closed the lid after using the laptop with power cable connected. After 3 or 4 hours I just picked up the laptop and put it in the bag for traveling. After 12 hours when I took it out it was too hot.

I tried to switch it on but it stuck on Lenovo startup screen. Then I removed HDD and started again, It showed error of no bootable device. Then I connected HDD and started it worked fine for few days.

Now again same problem of startup screen.

I've done power flee procedure as well but of no use now.

Can anybody please guide me what's the suspected problem in the laptop?

Regards

Nasir

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 14,671
Message 2 of 7

Re: Startup stuck at Lenovo screen

hi nasirraza2009,

Welcome to the Forums.

When the machine gets stucked on the lenovo logo, can you boot into the BIOS (by pressing F2 or Fn+F2) and check if the HDD is detected

- Link to picture

In addition, If the machine boots again into Windows again, to un a diagnostic on the HDD to verify its health.

- Lenovo Storage Test or

- HD Tune.

- http://www.hdtune.com/faq_1.html

If you're unable to run a diagnostic on the drive then I recommend you contact lenovo and report the problem as there's likely an issue on the HDD / HDD's connection to the motherboard (or other internal component).

Support phone list

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

InvalidRecursio
Fanfold Paper
Views: 14,667
Message 3 of 7

whenever my g500 does that (think its the same issue), i disconnect the power, take out the battery, then hold the power button for about 20 seconds or so, then reconnect power and/or battery, generally starts right back up after that.
nasirraza2009
Fanfold Paper
Views: 14,634
Message 4 of 7

Thanks a lot Mr Neokenchi and Mr InvalidRecursio for your kind support..
System does not get into the BIOS when it's stuck at the logo screen.
I am actually bit away from big city nowadays.. I'll contact some hardware expert after going back and will surely let you know what happens..
Thanks again..
martinka
Paper Tape
Views: 14,580
Message 5 of 7

I have the same problem with my u430 touch. I had some blue screens in the past, I cleaned all possible viruses and diagnosed hard disc with no results. Laptop was running smooth until now.

I shut it down last night and today it restarted itself couple times and then I wasn't able to start it at all. It gets stuck at Lenovo screen, no Windows loading circle/dots.., I can't access BIOS or anything through the novo button, it just gives me the Lenovo screen again. F2 does not work either.

I also noticed that when I tried to install updates it wouldn't do anything just spinned the Windows buisy icon for a while, if that can be any clue.

Any suggestions on how to boot the computer again or what's wrong with it? I'm totally done today, tomorrow I'm calling support.

M. 

mathewroy4991
Paper Tape
Views: 13,701
Message 6 of 7

i am also facing same proplem but i cant get access to bios menu i tried nova button and also f2 no use stil stuck in logo
KarenL
Paper Tape
Views: 11,049
Message 7 of 7

Re: G500 - Startup stuck at Lenovo screen

Hi, similar to the other reply, I have had this happen a number of times, usually after the laptop gets quite hot. I have found I need to let it cool down for a bit, I then take out the battery and power plug, replace the battery, but leave the plug out and boot it like that. It then comes up fine. I now work with the laptop half off, half on a raised tray so that the vents underneath have a large gap of air underneath them rather than sitting on my lap or fully on the tray. I also used to shut it down regularly, however, now I let it sleep on and off for a few days before doing a restart. I seem to only have this problem if I do a full shutdown and then turn it on a few hours later. HTH!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors