Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PerkiA01
Fanfold Paper
Views: 198
Message 1 of 4

G500/Windows 10

I have a Lenovo G500 which after upgrading to Windows 10 has decided it cannot boot into the OS. It simply stays at the Lenovo start screen!

I have searched for solutions, including this forum but cannot seem to get an answer that works. It seems it's an old chestnut that no one wants to admit to being wrong! My questions are -

1 Is the Lenovo G500 compatible with Windows 10?

2 Since it doesn't even load the OS is this a design problem with the Lenovo G500?

3 Windows 10 has now been around for about 5 years. If there are driver issues which are still not sorted, will someone please tell me?

Hope someone can solve this for me

Thanks in advance

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 164
Message 2 of 4

Re: G500/Windows 10

Hi PerkiA01! 

Welcome to the Lenovo forum discussion! 

Based from the Lenovo devices tested for Windows 10 version 1809 (October 2018) article https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht507291?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6, the Lenovo G500 is not included in the list, therefore, the Windows 10 OS is not compatible with the laptop. In addition, there is no available Windows 10 OS driver for the Lenovo G500 that you can download from the Lenovo Support website https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-g-series-laptops/lenovo-g500.... We recommend installing an older version of a Windows OS on the laptop in order for it to work. 

Regards, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

PerkiA01
Fanfold Paper
Views: 158
Message 3 of 4

I find that quite astonishing that a manufacturer can completely abandon responsibilty for futureproofing their product in the evnt of a third party software upgrade. Software which is sold as part of the product purchase and with no indication that there will be an optout if the third party improves its product but the hardware manufacturer will not!

I think this is a pretty shabby way of dealing with customers and will be the last time I purchase anything from Lenovo!

Would welcome a response from Lenovo!!!

PerkiA01
Fanfold Paper
Views: 151
Message 4 of 4

My apologies! Thank you for the information. My beef is clearly with Lenovo! Is this just a way of making customers buy a new machine for a software upgrade?

Regards and thanks again

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors