03-14-2014

Maryland, USA

2 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 1 of 2

G500S Touch Screen/Case split

2014-03-14, 16:04 PM

Recently purchased (January 2013) G500S Touch Model 20263. 

Recently noted that the left side and one-half of the top of the screen has separated from the outer case where I can see inside the screen.

This is quite troubling for a 3 month old laptop!

The split was noted when opening the laptop. 

The system has static, in a Home-Office with USB-cooling fan.  The system is shut-down nightly, used on an average of 2 hours per day. 

I have inspected for indications of any traumatic events...with nothing noticeable.  It appears that some sort of clip is broken where there is a fine lip between the screen bezel and outer cover.

It also appears to be a design/manufacturing flaw.  I am greatly disappointed. 

I purchased an identical system for my wife, and there is no indication of any similar separation occurring.

I would be most happy to find this is covered under the initial warranty.  But I expect a great deal of disappointment.

Anyone with similar issues or ideas on repairs?  I have applied a strip of "painter's tape" over the gap in order to keep dust or other material from falling inside the screen. 

Thank you for your responses.

_C_

Options

1 Posts

02-05-2017

AE

10 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: G500S Touch Screen/Case split

2017-02-05, 10:26 AM

HI, I have experienced the same issue, but on the lower right side of the case, directly behind the screen. It appears as if this has a piece of 'double sided tape' placed in here to hold the unit in place - very strange on a relatively NEW laptop?

I havent heard anything back from Lenovo yet, please let me know if you also hear anything.

Whenever I lift the lid, there is a 'cracking' noise and the lower right hand-side of the top cover seems to be split from the casing.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete